17. 𝙈𝙮 𝙁𝙪𝙣𝙠𝙮 𝙑𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙚

Today was Valentines Day. Luke had gotten me a card, and some of my favourite chocolates. And I got him a card, and a video game that had recently come out. School had finished so I was at home, getting ready for my second date with Luke.

I wore my favourite outfit, and had my hair in my favourite style. When I walked down the stairs, Manny walked into the house with a frown on his face. "What's wrong, Manny?" I asked, sitting next to him on the sofa.

"You know that girl I like?" Manny looked at me.

"Yeah, Fiona..." I trailed off, trying to remember the girls last name.

"Gunderson." Manny nodded, "Well, I wrote her a poem. Poured my heart into it. But I wrote them anonymously. Some boy told her he wrote the poems, and she believed him." Manny shook his head.

"Oh. Do you know who? I'm not afraid to talk to them. Y'know, Aunt Gloria taught me a lot of stuff." I said.

"I know who the kid is, but it's fine. Don't want you to get expelled for starting a fight."

"Look, Manny, I gotta go. Maybe you should talk to Cam and Mitch?" I suggested. He nodded and got up, following me out the door.

"So," Manny began as we left the house, "You gonna tell me who you're going on a date with?"

"No." I replied.

"Oh, come on, Y/N. I tell you all about my crushes, and anyone I may go on a date with. It's only fair you tell me yours."

"Look, I'll not say who but I'll give a hint. You know them."

"But, I know a lot of the kids at school. Wait, am I friends with them?" He asked.

"I'm giving you just the one hint." I told him before we went different ways.

——

I got to the cafe where Luke and I would be meeting up. The cafe was decorated with hearts for Valentine's Day. I waked I tot he cave and greeted Luke, we then ordered drinks and got a cookie in the shape of a heart.

"So, have you played any of your game yet?" I asked Luke before sipping my tea.

"Yeah I have, I love it." He grinned. "Do you like your chocolates?"

"I do, thanks." I smiled.

We continued to talk until we had finished our drinks, and cookies. We then went over to the arcade to play a few games before going home.

When I got back home I walked up to mine and Manny's room to see Manny sat on his bed, writing some stuff. "Hey, Manny. Whatcha writing?" I asked, sitting on my bed.

"I'm making more poems for Fiona." He replied, not looking up from the paper.

"Guessing you're feeling better?" I asked.

"Yeah. I actually got a date with her." Her looked up from the paper, a huge smile on his face.

"Really? That's great. But, how?" I asked.

"Well, when I got to Mitch and Cam's I told them what happened, and they decided to take me out for dinner, y'know, to try and make me feel better. When we were at the diner we saw Fiona with that other boy. Long story short, we confronted the boy, and Fiona learnt the truth. Now, I have a date with her."

"Wow. Good for you." I smiled at him before grabbing my nightwear and walked to the bathroom to get changed.

A/N
Sorry for the short chapter. I had writers block and had no ideas for the chapter.
I hope you still enjoyed, and thank you all for 13K reads!
Stay safe! ♥️