5. 𝘾𝙤𝙖𝙡 𝘿𝙞𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙧

"Let's go, kids. School time." Jay said to Manny and I."Oh, and Gloria, if you want to get together with the girls later, I could just, you know, watch the football game or something."

"That means he wants to watch the football game." Manny said.

"Yep." I agreed with him.

"I'm not talking to either one of you." He told us. "What are you drinking coffee for anyway?" Jay asked Manny.

"It's my culture. I'm Colombian." Manny said.

"Oh, Yeah? What part of Colombia are those french toaster sticks from?" Jay asked.

"Babe, I'm not sure about the game. The whole family's coming over for the barbecue." Gloria told him.

"That's today?" Jay asked.

"Si" Manny And I said.

Jay stayed silent for a second. "It's the Ohio State game."

"So? Everybody can watch." Gloria said, shrugging.

"I don't like watching the game with people who don't know the game. People talk." He said.

"You talk at my football games." Manny said, looking up at Jay.

"For one thing, it's called soccer. Your team scored two goals all season. I'm not taking a big risk." Jay said, walking to the coffee machine. "How much of this did you drink?" He asked.

"Give me a break. I have to climb a rope today." Manny says, taking a sip of his coffee.

"So does, Y/N. Yet she's not drinking coffee."

——

Whilst we was at School, Manny and Luke got into a fight.  I tried to stop them before a teacher saw, but it was too late. I was put in detention with them, they thought I was apart of the fight, or tried to keep the fight going. Jay and Gloria was the first ones to arrive. After a few minutes the door opened, Phil and Claire stood there. "What are you doing here?" Claire asked, referring to Manny, Gloria, Jay, and I.

"These three knuckleheads were fighting each other." Jay said.

"I didn't—" I began but Jay cut me off.

"Save it." Jay replied in his usual grumpy tone.

"What?" Claire asked, walking into the room.

"Could've been worse. I was not ready to face Durkas today." Phil said, closing the door before taking a seat next to Claire.

"So what happened?" Claire asked.

"Well," The principal spoke, "apparently there was name-calling and shoving on the playground. By the time a teacher separated them, Luke was sitting on Manny's chest."

"Luke, that's not like you." Jay said to Luke.

"Wait a minute. You're Luke's father?" The principal asked, pointing at Jay.

"Grandfather."

"So Manny's father is—" He began, pointing at Phil, but Gloria cut him off.