16. 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙇𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜

Gloria and I were sat in the kitchen. Someone knocked on our door so Gloria got up to answer it. "Hola, Cam. Hola, Mitch." Gloria greeted the two. The walked inside as Jay walked down the stairs.

"There He is — the steely, grizzled veteran," Cam said, "ready to do battle with the plucky upstart. Speed versus grace. Brute force versus—"

"Let's just do this." Jay said, cutting Cam off. Jay and Cam left to go to the gym whilst I walked over to Mitch and Gloria.

"Hi, Mitch." I said, making him turn around,

"Oh, Hi Y/N." He grinned, "Gloria told me all about your date. Still not saying who the mystery boy is?" I went a shade of red due to embarrassment.

"No. Like I've said a million times, I probably never will say." I told him.

"But there's a possibility that you will?" Mitch asked as Manny ran down the stairs.

"Okay, Okay, Okay. I'm ready. Let's do this." Manny says as he reached the bottom.

"Ready for what?" I asked him.

"The walk."

"The walk? You made it sound as though we were going of to war, or something." I joked. Manny shook his head at me as Mitch put Lily in her pram. After another minute we all left.

——

"I was driving along this street." Gloria began, "The cars were parked just like this. And boom. Out of nowhere, he hits me."

"Okay, so, he-he cut you off?" Mitch asked her.

"Yes. A crazy driver."

"Right." Mitch nodded, "You know, I used to be a little bit like that. I don't know, maybe it's because of Lily, but I've definitely become more considerate. Like, I used to never let people in, and now I do. Just now getting that metaphor. Okay."

"So, what do you think?" Gloria turned to him.

"Were there any witnesses?" Mitch looked at her.

"No, just Manny. He was in the backseat."

"It all happened so fast — just like they say." Manny looked at Mitch.

"Yeah. All right. Well, this is what we're gonna do. I'll take a few pictures, and then we'll sit down and write a statement." Mitch told her.

"Perfect. I'll go and get us a table." Gloria said, walking ahead of us, "Manny, Y/N, come."

"Uh, just a minute, Mum." Manny said, "I need to tie my shoe."

"Okay." Gloria said as we walked towards the cafe. We both reached the cafe when Gloria looked at Manny. "Manny, what kind of cupcake do you want?"

"Um, that's okay. I'm not hungry." Manny looked back down and shook his head, he then said something but I was too far away to hear what.

"Are you Okay?" Gloria asked them.

"I'm fine." Manny replied. Gloria shrugged and continued doing what she was doing. I watched as Manny continued to talk to Mitchell. I'd hear snippets of the conversation, it sounds like Gloria was the one to blame, and she was driving a hundred miles per hour.