4. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙄𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩

I was sat on the sofa, watching TV, when Gloria came home. "Jay, Y/N, I'm home. Did Manny call?" She asks as Jay walks into the foyer.

"No, because he's fine." Jay replied, "It was a slumber party, not a gang fight."

"I just want him to fit in." She said, walking towards Jay after hanging her coat up. "I'm gonna take a shower. Do you care to join me?" She asked him. I scrunched up my nose in disgust.

"You know, honey, there's a gun in the footlocker in the garage. If I ever say no to that question, I want you to use it on me." He said, making Gloria laugh. It's as if they thought I couldn't hear them, or forgot I was there.

"I'm...right here." I said in disgust before the two ran upstairs. A second later a loud thud happened, followed by what sounded like a birds wings fluttering. "What happened?" I asked, running to the stairs.

"What's that?" Gloria asked, looking at the window.

"Sounds like a bird hit the window." Jay said, looking at the window.

"Oh, god. That's a bad sign." Gloria and I  said. Gloria crossed her fingers.

"It is?" Jay asked, turning to look at me.

"Yeah. When a bird hits a window, it's a sign something bad is about to happen." I said. Jay turns away from me and looks at the window.

——

"Mum, I'm home!" Manny shouted.

"Ay, baby! Did you have fun, at the slumber party?" Gloria asked whilst she walked over to him, "You must be exhausted."

"No, I'm not tired at all. I was the first one to fall asleep." Manny said. I turned away from the tv to look at him, he had a fake beard drawn on his face.

"What's on your face?" Gloria and I asked Manny at the same time.

"A smile from having such a good time with my friends." Manny smiler, shrugging.

"No. Come here." Gloria said, she held Manny's shoulders and led him to a mirror. "Look."

"Oh." Manny said, looking at his fake beard. His mood dropped. "That's why they were laughing. I thought it was my funny take on current events."

"Why would they do something like that?" Gloria asked, looking at Jay and I.

"Don't worry about it. Guys pull pranks like that all the time. You just gotta prank 'em back." Jay said, "You just gotta show 'em you're willing to give as good as you get."

Gloria turned back to the mirror, a small smile tugged on her lips. "What do you think?" Gloria asked Manny.

"Hmm. Revenge." Manny said, then stroked his fake beard. "I like it."
Manny's revenge was to set the kids bike on fire, I went with him. I was his 'get away driver'

——

Someone knocked on the door, I got up from the sofa and answered the door.
"Oh, hi Mitch." I said, letting him into the house.

"Uh, hi, Y/N. Do—do you know where Jay is?" He asked me.

"Last I saw, he was outside, in the pool." I said to him, he nodded.