3. 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙁𝙡𝙮 𝙒𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙈𝙚

"I wish I could stay home with you and fly toy airplanes" Manny said as Jay assembled a toy airplane.

"Me too" I agreed.

"These aren't toy airplanes, Manny and Y/N." Jay spoke, looking down at the airplane, "These are models, and they're very complicated. You wanna fly one of these, you gotta be familiar with airfoil, drag, lift and thrust— and these are all principles of aerodynamics."

"The box says '12' and up" Manny told him.

Jay looked up at us, "What?"
Manny pointed at the box. Jay put the airplane down and looks at the box. His eyebrows furrowed together.

"You both can fly toy planes with Jay next time." Gloria said to us. "Today you have to spend time with Luke."

"Okay." I shrug.

"Why?" Manny complained.

"Because his mother invited you, so you go." Gloria told us, "Family needs to be close. Right, Jay?"

"I'm pretty sure this is a typo." Jay said, pointing at the box. Gloria frowned and shook her head.

——

We had arrived at the Dunphy house about a minute ago. We were currently in the kitchen. Manny had brought his favourite board game with him. "Manny, brought his favourite game to play with Luke." Gloria said to Claire as Manny our the box onto the kitchen counter.

"It's called empire." Manny said told Claire, "You use strategy to expand territories and take over the world."

"Luke is gonna love that." Claire smiled, " He's out back playing." Manny looked outside and made a confused face. "So, Y/N, what are you gonna do?" Claire asked me, to which I replied with a shrug.

"I dunno, I'll probably play with Manny and Luke, or talk to Alex" I said.

"Do you need me to get you something while I'm out shopping?" Gloria asked Claire.

"That's such a nice offer, but I think we're good. Thanks." Claire said. I noticed Luke playing outside. He was on the trampoline with a cardboard box on his head.

"Okay." Alex began as she walked into the kitchen, " What about this?" She shows off a blue shirt.

"You don't even say 'Hello' to Gloria, Manny, And Y/N?" Claire asked her,m.

"Hi, Gloria, Manny, And Y/N." Alex smiled and waved, she then turned back to her mum, "Okay, mum, what about this?"

Claire turned to look st Alex, "No. You're wearing a dress."

"Mum, come on."

"What? It's gonna kill you to look like a girl for one afternoon?"

"But it's a wedding for some friend of yours I never even heard of."

"It's non-negotiable. You can borrow a dress of Haley's again."

"No. That sends an ugly message— that I'm Haley. You know, instead of trying to force me to wear a dress, why don't you worry about getting Luke to wear some pants?" Alex said.