6. 𝙍𝙪𝙣 𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙒𝙞𝙛𝙚

"I can't believe my little boy is going into the fifth grade." Gloria said, "He used to hold my finger with his little hand and look at me with those big eyes. Mi niño pequeño, Jay."

"Yup they grow up." He said to her. "Come on Manny, And Y/N. Let's gets going." Jay shouted.

Manny walked downstairs and stood next to me. "How's my hair?" He asked.

"Hold on." Jay began, making everyone look at him, "What are you wearing there?" He asked Manny. "That looks like an old Christmas tree skirt."

"It's a traditional Colombian poncho." Manny said, "I want my new classmates to know I'm proud of my heritage."

"I think you look very handsome. Lindo." Gloria says, giving him his bag, then kissed him on his forehead. "And I think you look very beautiful." Gloria said to me, she kissed my forehead and gave me my bag.

"Oh, really? Am I driving him to school or is he gonna ride his burro?" Jay asked.
Jay, Manny, and I walk outside and was about to get in the car until Jay stopped us. "Hold up."

"What is it?" Manny and I ask him.

"That poncho. You need to take it off. It makes you look like your neck is wearing a dress." He said to Manny. "And is that Lip-gloss? Do you want to kiss a bunch of boys?" He asked me.

"No." I lied.

"Take it off." I roll my eyes and wipe my lip-gloss off. Manny takes off his poncho.
Jay takes the poncho and puts it in the car boot. We get in the car and drive to school.

——

Manny and I was told that Gloria and Jay were here. "Is something wrong? Who died?" We asked as we left our classroom.

"No one, Manny, And Y/N." Gloria told us.

"Why would you two even think that?" Jay asked us.

"In Colombia, Manny and Y/N went to Pablo Escobar Elementary School." Gloria told him, "If you were pulled out of class, it was definitely to identify a body."

"Well, we got your poncho and lip-gloss here." Jay said. He gave Manny the poncho and gave me my lip-gloss.

"I thought you said it made me look like my neck was wearing a dress." Manny said, taking the poncho.

"And I thought you said my lip-gloss made me look like I wanted to kiss a bunch of boys." I said, taking the lip-gloss.

"Those were jokes." Jay laughed as Gloria glared at him.

"Oh, good! It's still in the pocket!" Manny says, grabbing something.

"What do you got there, buddy?" Jay asked.

"My pan flute." Manny said, grabbing the pan flute. "I'm going to play some Colombian folk music for my new classmates."

"Huh. Great." Jay said unenthusiastically

"I've never been more proud of you both." Gloria said to Manny and I. "Manny, I'm sure your friends are gonna love it." Flies smiled. She then got closer to Jay, "Break the flute." Gloria said quietly.

"What?" Jay looked at her, his eyebrows furrowed. Gloria whispered something to him. Jay looked back down at Manny. "Hey, sport, can I take a look at that whistle?"

Manny gave it to him and Jay dropped "Oh, geez. Look at that."

"And now you stepped on it!" Gloria shouted at Jay.

"What? Oh, darn!" Jay said as he stomped on the flute. It made a crunch. "Whats wrong with me?" Manny looked at the two with a confused look. Manny picked up the broken flute. We both looked at it.

——

When we got home Manny taped his flute back together and then walked to where Gloria, and Jay were sat. I followed him. He began playing and did his dance. They didn't seem to enjoy it. Gloria watched Manny, as Jay took a sip of his wine.