If a "we" is involved, there's no way I should solve a problem that involves two people alone. My marriage was just a joke and I felt like a fool every time I came home from work. I was left alone in a relationship and in my marriage to be specific. Patience is not my strongest suit, probably one of the reasons I didn't wait on Evan to finally realize he had a wife at home. I am a strong and stubborn lady and I do things my way and in my world, I make my own rules. What Evan did was disrespectful and I just couldn't sit back and watch him do it all over again. Not on my watch.

I don't know how long I have been standing outside the house until I finally rang the doorbell. Laura opened the door and hugged me.
"Hi, mom. It's quite early for lunch don't you think?" she said.

"Hi, baby. I was bored at home alone, so how about we spend some time together before going for lunch?" I suggested.

"Cool. How about we start with you doing my hair? I just got out of the shower and I need to learn how to do my hair myself because dad is terrible at it." she said.

"I am sure he is. Let's go do your hair then love. Lead the way." I told her as we walk up to her room. Looking around the house didn't change much, the interior still looks the same. The pictures and paintings that are on the walls are still the same. Even our wedding pictures. I didn't ask why because the right person to ask was not home yet. Until when is he planning to keep them like that?

At some point, he has to remove them and move on. Laura needs a mother by her side, doesn't matter if he is trying to be a super dad and do it all. A mother's love is just a mother's love. Nothing can replace it. I am there for Laura from time to time, but I don't live with him,r and given her stubbornness that she takes after her father and mother, I doubt she will ever agree for her father to get someone else. I don't understand that daughter of mine sometimes.

I did her hair, which lasted longer than it was supposed to because Laura is very picky. The hairstyle she wanted was out of this world and I had to watch a YouTube video just to attempt it. Typical child. She made me watch a marathon of 'Boys over flowers' and I was counting every second so I get the hell out of here. We didn't go for lunch anymore, we just cooked at home and watched whatever that was. I don't even know if she is supposed to be watching it, but even I growing up did some things I was told not to do. So I gave her a pass this time, knowing very well that if she does something funny I will be the first to point a finger at Evan about the way he was raising her. Yes, I do have something against the guy, but he was doing a good job with Laura.

Immediately after lunch, we sat back on the couch to continue watching but Erastus' call saved me. Finally, I have an excuse to get out of here.
"Hey there," I said picking up.

"Liz, if you took my small car, we ain't friends anymore." he started.

"Relax. I didn't. Where are you?" I asked.

"You better not. I didn't even let Rose drive that car yet, so even in the future, don't try it. I am at the house." he said.

"Yeah yeah, I get you," I said annoyingly.

"Anyway, before you ask, I talked to Rose and I told her everything. She is still adamant about staying with her parents till the wedding so that means me staying with you at the beach house till the wedding as well," he said.

"Does she know that you are staying with me?" I asked. I seriously didn't want her to get the wrong idea so I am just making sure.

"No, was I supposed to tell her that as well?" he asked.

"I don't know. I was just asking. I do have a problem with you being in my house but I don't have a choice." he asked.

"Are you implying that I am a bad company?" he asked.