~4~Not a Kidnapping, but an Opportunity

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Not happening, Ignis." Trix snarled, pointing at him, "You're coming with me."

Well, there goes that plan.

They all split up, Ruy panicking as the Neverseen filth descended into the perfect little village. Megara was mostly built of timber, clay, and stripped birch wood, beautifully painted blue and red roofs, just like the other villages in Inalia. It was one of the bigger villages, and besides their seafood, they were known for their parties. The Inner Circle has visited the village for the seasonal festivals. They also visited here once or twice for the Solstice celebration. Ruy had the place pretty well memorized, but there was little he could do since he was so far away from the guildhall.

"What is this?" Trix asked, pointing to a trinket displayed in one of the marketplace's front window. The seller came to the window, blinking at Trix.

"You... have an elven accent." He asked in the enlightened language, his thick Inalian accent curling the words.

Trix nodded, "That I do, is that a problem?"

The marketkeep blinked, "No, we just don't get too many elves here. Inalia is... hard to come by."

It was absolutely a problem, Inalians were naturally suspicious of elves after the Fall of Inalia. But why was this marketkeep keeping a closer eye than normal?

"What is this?" Trix repeated, pointing to the charm again. The marketkeep wiped off his hands on his apron as he picked it up.

"It is a charm attributed to Palaemon, our ocean god." The man explained, still glaring at Trix. The Marketkeep finally looked at Ruy and paled.

He recognized him.

Ruy rushed forward and gazed through the charms the man was selling. Ruy didn't know how the Marketkeep recognized him, but he could figure out someway to get his situation across.

"What about this one?" Ruy asked, picking up the charm. Ruy knew what it was, but he allowed the marketkeep to explain.

"The charm attributed to the Prince of Arcadia, and made from wood from the island known to be the birthplace of the goddess of panic and..." The marketkeep's eyes flashed, "and hostages."

Ruy's eyes never broke eye contact from the marketkeep, "And what about this one?" Ruy asked, snatching another charm. Trix was still trying to digest the different charms and knickknacks, and luckily wasn't paying too much attention.

"That is a charm for the spirit Galatea, the white bone spirit. She is rumored to be stolen by the Prince of Anej and cried for help, but no one could hear her." The man explained, it all clicking in his head. Ruy nodded, putting the charms back as Trix sighed. Ruy glanced into his shop, his eyes snagging on the north wasll of his shop.

It was small, done with probably charcoal. An incomplete diamond, the top of it slightly distorted.Through the middle of the diamond was a a straight line cutting through it.

Through the middle of the diamond was a a straight line cutting through it