Chapter 1: Pregnant?

"What?" Lorelai's jaw was on the floor. She was stunned. Her smart, innocent daughter was now pregnant. "Mum I know you're upset." Rory tried to comfort Lorelai but Lorelai couldn't be comforted. She never imagined her own daughter, Rory getting pregnant accidentally. That was not her. She was a planner and a thinker. What had happened to her sweet, sixteen year old sitting at her kitchen table studying. "Mum why aren't you saying anything. Please just tell me if you're upset." Rory looked at her mother not knowing what was going through that confusing brain of hers. "Damn right I'm upset. Rory this is not you. You don't get pregnant unless you had planned it. I didn't want you to be like me. I imagined you would get a good life and have a kid when you were ready, now you got pregnant to a Wookie." Lorelai yelled but gave a little chuckle at the mention of the Wookie one night stand. "Mum it wasn't the Wookie okay. It was Logan. And I'm going to be ready when this baby comes okay. Plus, unlike you I have a mother I can ask for help and need in my life. This baby may of been unplanned but I know I can do this, but I need you." Rory's eyes began to sting. Her mother's face softened and brought her in for a hug. "Kid I'm gonna be here. I know what it feels like to be pregnant and have an unsupportive and judgemental mother, I'm gonna be here for you and so will Luke and the rest of the town. You're not alone okay." Rory thanked her mum and they sat in the gazebo hugging. "Mum it's time to go. We need to get you married for the second time." Rory grabbed her mother's hand and they walked towards Lorelai's jeep.