You blink your eyes away from his face only to look back. This time, your gaze travels down to take in the rest of him. He's wearing a casual denim jacket over a white shirt that's tucked under the hem of his black ripped jeans.

The man doesn't look detrimental at all—Far from it, really.

Looks can be deceiving, a little voice taunted in your head.

Of course, you think, then flinch when you hear a loud thump, then look down to find him tumbled over the tiles. You sigh before helping the man up.

He scratches the nape of his neck, sending you a sheepish smile with his cheeks tinted bright pink.

"Are you drunk?" you ask, causing his brow to tip questionably.

"Drunk? Oh, no miss. I'm Junghyun, Jeon Junghyun. But something really is wrong with my eyes. I can't seem to take them off of you."

A blush creeps over your cheeks, but you look away, expecting him to smirk, but he simply flings you a toothy grin, one that never fails to warm your insides. What the bloody hell is wrong with you, Y/N? Get a grip!

Immediately after, the door to the room flings open, and out springs a cheeky young gentleman whose lips curve into a vibrant smile when his eyes find you. There's no hesitation in his movement as his yellow-clad figure strides to a gleeful stop before you.

He's got the cutest features; curly eyes, smooth complexion, and naturally tinted pink cheeks. His smile flickers when he notices the half-wit standing beside you, but when he looks back at you, his smile widens.

"You're finally awake!" the man chirps, his voice edging with mild hysteria, "We were so worried. Did you sleep well?"

There's some relief surging through your system from how oddly comforting his presence makes you feel. But his pretty demeanor isn't enough to trick you—you keep yourself guarded.

"Of course she slept well," comes a snort from the wimp beside you. You elbow him hard in the ribs.

"Dammit, woman!" He yelps in pain, shooting you a glare, "You may be a girl but you sure hit like a bloody hulk!"

"Man up, will you, Jung?" comes a remark from the bubbly man who gives him a disapproving look.

He turns to you, "Sorry for the trouble my friend here has caused. How are you feeling?"

Horrible.

"I'm fine. Who are you?"

"I'm Hoseok," he says, his smile deepening, "And that's Jin." He gestures towards a tall, broad-shouldered man peeking his torso from the door frame.

"Hello, Y/N," he cooes, stepping in with a small smile. You're not going to bother asking how he knows your name.

"Hey," you greet. "Thanks for letting me stay the night. I don't know how exactly I got here but thank you." You glance at the door, "I-I should go now. I'd appreciate if you lead me out."

Hoseok's radiant smile flickers while Jin's nose tweaks for a split second.

"Sorry Y/N. It's not safe for you out there. Trust me when I say it's best if you stay."

Panic swells in your chest.

Still, you wait for Hoseok to say 'Ha! Gotcha!'

But no.

They were being serious. You clench the hem of your shirt into fists, feeling your nerves kick in.

"Thanks for the warning," you say in a dismissive tone, "I'll keep that in mind," you turn to approach the door, but Junghyun reaches for your forearm, while Hoseok steps in front of you.

"Sorry Sunshine, I'm afraid you can't."

Oh, hell no.

"I don't understand," you start, "Are you perhaps insisting me to stay? Cause if you are, then you should also know the consequences."

Hoseok and Jin exchange glances, mentally communicating as if they had radio antennas sending signals to one another.

You taper your eyes at them, wracking your brain to remember what the hell happened to you yesterday. But nothing rings a bell. All you remember was the way Jungkook chased after you for your resume.

You shake your head. That was no resume. It was Jungkook's file.

Somehow, after clashing into him at the bakery, the two of you swapped each others files. And now, you have no idea why Hoseok and the others would care about your safety. They don't even know you.

Jin lays his hand gently on your shoulder. "Trust me, Y/N, it's not safe for out there. We have no intention of hurting you. Well, that is, if you don't try to kill us of course. Nonetheless, you're staying. And you'll have to until he says so."

"He?" you peep.

Jin gives you a look, "yes, Jungkook—I mean. He doesn't know you're here, so I'd expect a jolly visit from him in roughly about—"

"Hyung!" comes a roaring hiss that makes your spine shudder.

Jolly, huh?

You whirl on your heels and pause before the man whose coal eyes are glossy with hot fury. His ebony hair is brushed over his forehead sleekly, that it almost seems as if he had just finished filming a commercial for hair gel.

God, not him again.

"You," he mutters through gritted teeth in that same icy cold tone that makes you gulp.

How very delighted to meet you too.

You roll your eyes. "Yes, me. Gotta problem with that?" Jungkook's jaw clenches.

Wrong move, Y/N.

"You are the problem," he hisses, stepping closer that you fight the urge to jump under the fuzzy pink blankets displayed in your peripheral vision.

"Oh, really?" you ask, folding your shaky hands over your chest. "Then to spare you the inconvenience, I better take my leave now."

Your turn towards the door but Jungkook immediately grabs your forearm, pulling you in front of his toned chest with a jerk. Flinching, you stare up into his fierce eyes, feeling the anger radiate off his body.

He's so close you can feel his honeydew scent brushing your upper lip while he's bending to be at your eye level.

"You're not going anywhere," he jeers coldly, grip tightening on your arm. "But if you are—" he urges, his pretty lips tweaking into a faint smirk,

"then you won't mind me asking back for my shirt now, would you, Red?" Your eyes slowly widen in disbelief.

"You...you..perverted assho—!"

He cuts you off by grabbing your hip and slamming your body against his toned chest. You gasp.

Somewhere in the background, you hear Jin clear his throat, followed by Junghyun humming a random tune to ease the tension. But Jungkook ignores them, tapering his eyes at you.

"You talk too much," he says with a grunt, making you swallow hard.

"Maybe I should teach you to scream instead."

~~~~~

A/N: I've been a bit busy lately with school, so excuse this late (long) update. Needless to say, I'm very much looking forward to winter break or literally any kind of break that'll give me generous time to write. For now, let's just hope online school doesn't eat me alive loll

Q: Boba or Coffee?

Boba, duh