Chapter 37

It was my birthday.

I stood in the doorway, struck with awe, as i had completely forgotten. The boys in the back started urging me forward, and Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook, who were all in front of me, gestured for me to come in. Taehyung had a big smile on his face, and he was jumping up and down in his spot with utter excitement.

¨suprise!" he said, and I finally entered the room, not bothering to try and hide the growing smile on my face. "Yah! How did you know it was my birthday?" Jin gave me a side glance. "Don't say Yah. How did you not know it was your birthday?" He said, smiling playfully. "Well, I knew..a couple weeks ago? I just forgot, I guess. Anyways, answer the question." Namjoon spoke. "Actually, that's your second suprise. Everyone other then Jin went to the hospital last night-he was worried you would wake up and freak out to find that you were all alone-and while we were there, we were notified that a certain someone was aw-"Youngae? She's awake?" I asked, unable to contain my excitement. "Mhm. So after we visited-um, after, we went to see her, and the first thing she said as soon as we entered the room was, and I quote 'so what are you guys doing for Y/N's birthday?' After we found out, we came here and did-well, this. We didn't get much sleep, but it was worth it." I nodded. "But who was in the hospital?" I asked. Hobi stepped in front of me, a cake in his hands. "I heard you like chocolate?"

Hoseok's POV:

"But who was in the hospital?" I grabbed the thing that was closest to me, which happend to be the cake, and an easy subject changer no doubt. "I heard you like chocolate?" I asked, planting a grin on my face, which quickly turned natural after I saw her eyes light up by the sight of it. She didn't need to know who we saw in the hospital. She couldn't know.

It felt wrong, not telling her about Jin-Wook, but PD-nim told us it was the right thing to do-at least for now. He used to be a close friend to Jungkookie. Jungkook knew for the past 10 years that he was alive, but he never knew that Jin-wook had a sister. I wonder if it was a coincidence that we were working for her, or fate. As cliche as it sounds, of course. Jin-Wook has been in the hospital for the past 10 years, which, in my opinion, is worse then dying. He hasn't been able to see any of his family. Last night, we had told him about how Y/N was doing now, about how she was bound to be an Idol. We told him about the Mei Zhen incident, and her arm. We didn't know Jin-Wook and Y/N were siblings until we were in the hospital with Y/N that one time for her arm. The nurse had asked us who we were visiting, and when we said Y/F/N, the nurse asked if she was with Jin-Wook. At that point, Jungkook had one of his Jung-shook moments, and repeated the name Jin Wook. Said nurse then explained to us Jin-Wook's case, and we have visited a couple times since then. Luckily, Jin-Wook still remembered Jungkook, and Jungkook was more then relieved. Namjoon stretched the truth a bit when he said we were notified that Youngae was awake. We weren't exactly notified, but instead heard her yelling at a nurse of "who the fuck are you? Where the hell is my-ugh! Get me out of this damn piece of-" I'll let your imagination carry that sentence.

Now, looking at Y/N's face, I could really tell how broken she was, even if she didn't notice it. I mean, anyone in her position would be. She lost her parents. She thinks she lost her brother. Her sister is in the hospital, and nobody even knows why. Y/N was hurting, so badly, and telling her that her brother was still alive, that could have made it better. But I kept my mouth shut.

Y/N snapped me out of my thoughts. "So when can we go visit Youngae?"

Y/N's POV:

Hobi sat silent for a second, a smile on his face, but he was staring off into thin air. His gaze suddenly switched to me, and he inspected what felt like every square inch of my face. The other boys didn't seem to notice, and it wasn't that suprising, considering they were all running around with balloons in their hands, and sitting on each other's backs, seeing who could keep they're balloon the longest on their head without popping it. And they call ME the child of the group. "So.." I said, breaking him out of his small daze. "When can we go visit Youngae?" I asked, trying to mask my excitement. He looked at me, seeming confused for a moment. "Hmm? Oh.. tonight, maybe." He said shrugging casually, and then he walked over to a table and started cutting the cake.