Chapter 1

"Yah! Stop that!" Youngae punched me in the arm, making me giggle

"Yah! Stop that!" Youngae punched me in the arm, making me giggle. "Aish, kid, stop hitting me." I mumbled. "Cmon, lets practice one more time." She grabbed my arm, pulling me off the couch. I pushed her arm off. "Youngae." I pouted. She looked at me, with her arms crossed across her chest. I stuck my bottom lip out. "Cmon y/n-ah! Just one more time." I sighed, and let her pick me up off the floor. "Just one more time.." I agree hesitantly. "Aish, y/n. Stop complaining! Get ready." I frowned at her, but did as she said. she pushed the button on her phone, and 'Fly high' by Dream catcher echoed throughout the room.

I stood in front of the mirror, adjusting my shirt, as I waited for the beginning of the dance. This was just one of many Kpop dances I learned. When the song started off with the first words, my arms and legs automatically found the beat, and without realizing it, I was dancing along with the music, and mouthing off all the lyrics, not noticing Youngae leave the room. By the first words, my eyes were closed. Off to the side, We had a video of 'Fly high' choreography playing, but after a couple weeks of practice, I had it memorized. My h/c hair fell out of place in its pony tail, but I failed to notice, just like I failed to notice the man standing in the doorway, watching me.

After part of the choreography, the music stopped. I looked over to the side, to see a man staring back in my e/c eyes. He looked to be in his mid-thirties. He smiled at me kindly. "You are y/f/n, right?" I blushed, and nodded. "My name is Dae-Hyun. I work at BigHit Entertainment." I looked at him expectedly. "I'm sorry, am I supposed to know you?" Right then, Youngae entered the room, water bottle in hand. She looked flushed when she entered and saw us already talking. The man looked between us. "Didn't you know I was coming?" The man asked me. "..who are you again?" I asked sheepishly. Dae-hyun looks at Youngae. Her cheeks turn red. "I didn't get the time to tell her yet.." she says, looking at the ground. "Tell me what, Nona?" I ask her.

She gestures to Dae-hyun. He looks at me with a smile. "Your Nona called BigHit last week-" I cut him off. "Who is BigHit?" Youngae answers, rather excitedly. "They are the biggest Kpop entertainment company in the whole world!" Dae-hyun continues. "Last week, your Nona called us, and sent us a tape of you singing and dancing. I must say, you have tons of potential. We were wondering, would you consider working with us? I stood there, speechless. "Pardon?" I ask, astonished. "Youngae mentioned how your dream was to become an idol. I think we can make that happen."

~~~

Tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning would definitely change the rest of my life. Because tomorrow morning, I was going to BigHit. Tomorrow morning, I would meet the people I would be in a group with for the next couple years. Dae-hyun said I would take part in one of the most popular kpop groups in the world. I don't understand why they don't start me off with something less..I don't know. Something less big. When I asked Youngae, she just shrugged, and told me not to question it. She also kept tight about who my group memebers where. I hope they liked me. Especially since most kpop groups I know don't have 14 year old girls in them.

The rest of the night, Youngae was bouncing around the house. She cooked dinner, which definitely meant she was excited, because she HATES cooking. I walked into the kitchen. "It smells like moms.." I say. She looks over her shoulder at me. "Mom and dad would be really proud of you, ya know." She says, smiling. "You think? Hmm. Well, they would be proud of you to. I mean, your actually cooking..and the house still hasn't caught fire!" She laughs. "Aish, you kid."

FLASHBACK

It had been over an hour since I got home from school. Usually mom and dad we're back by then. I didn't think much of it, and flopped on my bed, deciding to play on my phone until they came home. At the time, I was 11 years old. I was getting used to being home for a bit without mom or dad. Just for a couple minutes, until dad showed up. He would usually come home first.

At 6, neither mom or dad was home. I was getting hungry. I called dad, but it rang a couple times, and then went to voicemail. The same thing happened with moms. I called my sister. Youngae, who was 20 at the time, had just recently moved away from us. I told her over the phone to come over, and make some dinner. When she had arrived, it was 6:30, and I was starting to worry. Youngae told me to think nothing of it.

a couple hours later, mom and dad we're still not home, and still not in contact. I paced around the living room. They had never been late like this. It was close to 11 when Youngae decided to call the cops.

Needless to say, Nona moved out of her house, and moved back in with me, as my official guardian, days after mom and dad had passed in that car crash that changed our life's.