Expectation hurts

Start from the beginning

I asked anna ma about grandma as she was not present here.

"Grandma was playing some game and told she will have breakfast later" anna ma replied.

"I wish i too go and join with that lucky lady and play subway surfers" i thought.

"What subway surferssss" ajay said and broke into laughter.

I glared at him. "Granny was playing pubg but you told you want to play some childish games" with that he again broke into his stupid laugh.

"I know you don't know how to play pubg, if you want i will teach you" he offered.

Wowwwwww, it was one of my wish in bucket list to play pubg but no one taught me ever.

"Thank you thank you so muchhhhhh" i shouted enthusiastically.

"But on one condition, you have to be my slave and do what i say for the whole day" he told made me glare at his condition.

"No way, go to hell" i replied angrily.

"Arjun can you teach me how to play" i asked arjun showing my puppy eyes.

"say yes say yes"I prayed to all gods in my mind.

He nodded positively. I kissed his cheeks in excitement. He looked at me with surprise and then smirked.

On the other side ajay hooted o. Oh shit shit what i had done. I started eating as if nothing happened before.

"Aha, will you come with me for tonight party" ajay asked after sometime.

"Ye" before i could complete, "No" came an authoritive reply from none other than our chimp.

"Pretty please i want to go please please" i pleaded him with my puppy eyes.

"No, you are not going" he replied still continued his breakfast.

Before i could plead further, "end of the discussion" with that he started going towards his car.

I too grab my bag and bid my bye to ajay and followed him to the car.

Today was one of the important day of my life because i am going to present the recent project infront of arjun and other board members.

I prepared well still i am nervous as i am going to present infront of him for the first time .

I was pacing here and there as i was hell nervous, "Ahana you can do it, don't be nervous" karthik tried to cool down me.

I smiled at him. Our team went to  conference hall,we all are waiting for the ceo.

Arjun came followed by his secretary, once he noted my presence there, i thought he will smile.

But whom we are talking about, the great ARJUN MALHOTRA who is well known for his arrogance.

He just went and sat on the head chair maintaining his poker face.

"Sir, Ms. Ahana singh will present this project" Mr. Grill informed him.

He was surprised at this new piece of information but still nodded.

I prayed to all god and started the presentation gathering all the courage.

Once i completed i was waiting for arjun to say comments on my presentation, all of them present in the conference hall too waited for his reply.

"Well, I was not satisfied with this presentation" he said looking straight into my eyes.

I looked down, tears welled up in my eyes.

"And Mr. Grill why did you select Ms. Ahana to present this project, to my knowledge she was working in this project for the past two days"he emphasized the word Miss.

"This is not a child game, this is my dream project so redo this presentation that too within tomorrow" with that he walked out of the conference hall.

He is correct i was working on this project only for the past two days.

I ran into washroom and cried and cried until tears refused to come out.

"If he didn't like this presentation he should have tell that to me privately and asked me to redo it, which i would have did it gladly.

Why he have to yell at richard because of me infront of everyone" i cried looking at the my reflection in the mirror.

"Don't cry ahana, it's all happened because you expected a lot from him. That's why you get hurt when he let you down" my brain said.

Hereafter i won't cry for you arrogant chimpanzee.

I called ajay, "hello ajay, I am coming with you tonight..... I deal with him you don't worry.... Ok pick me at 7.... Mm ok bye" with that i hung up.

Who you are to me, you didn't care about  my feelings once then why should i follow your words.

I will go to the party, let's see what will you do.

With love,
Jasz 💚.