Chapter 9: Night Changes

Monday, everyone's favorite.
It's your class' free time before the rehearsal for the graduation program. You feel better now, since Jungkook and Suho have assured you that they will always be with you when you need them. Currently, you're watching their dance showdown with your other talented classmates.

"Popopop yeah!" Kookie was showing off his commendable popping skills to all, but he's obviously showing it to you.

"Whooo!" You clapped your hands gleefully while plastering your eye smile.

"Now, Suho hyung!" He passed on the stage to Suho while bobbing his head.
Suho pompously centered himself and pointed at you and Kookie before dancing. Seriously, he looked like a hurt puppy jumping up and down diagonally. You broke up in amusement while clapping for him. A chorus of boos dominated the room after his silly performance.
It was all just for fun but you don't want them hurting your bestfriend. You stood up and enveloped him in a hug. Suho was astounded by your sudden act, but he hugged you back.
"Thank you, Myeonnie...you make me happy." You closed your eyes.

"All for you." He stroked your back to comfort.

"GROUUUP HUG!" Kookie joined in and put his arms around you. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ!

----------
-DISMISSAL-

"We'll wait for you at the gate." Suho told you.

"Yeah but first let's get our stuff in the locker first." He looked at Suho who just nodded.

"Okay. See you." You replied and turned away.

Lifelessly, you headed towards the locker room to get all your things since it'll only be short 'til the end of the school year.

You made your way into the room, and started gathering your things from the locker. Just then you heard somebody talking.
"So what now? Is it a yes?" The guy asked.

You felt fuzzy as soon as you heard the guy's plea, and you knew you wished Baekhyun have said the same to you.

"Hahaha! You're pathetic." the girl scoffed, making you feel bad for the guy.

Why can love be so harsh and unfair?, you thought

"Taeyeon, I've done all that you've told me to do. (Y/n) has completely fallen in love with me! What more do you want?!"

No buts, no ifs. You were debilitated by what you heard. It explained his absence. It explained why he didn't show up at all. He meant to hurt you? Tears streamed down your cheeks.
It felt like you were stabbed in the heart several times.

He didn't really like you.
He used you.

Love is indeed harsh & unfair.

You closed your locker, which made a loud thud. The two heads were alarmed that someone had heard their talking.

Rushing through the door, you feel your legs falter. Still, you ran to one of the abandoned corridors of the school, embracing your books.
When you felt no one would find you anymore, you leaned on the wall as your back slid down to meet the surface of the floor. You sat there, quietly sobbing uncontrollably.

"(Y/n)..."
You turned to where the voice was coming, and you saw Baekhyun catching his breath and making his way towards you.

"Stay away from me!" You shouted at him with tears still flowing down your face.

"(y/n)!!!" He ran to you.

"Don't you dare come near! Go away!" You started getting up to run away from him because you swear his presence kills you now and makes you want to do the same to him too.