Chapter 14: Back

[Play media: Take Me Away- UKISS]

"Why did you lie?" You walked to Suho who's immersing himself in his pocketbook.

"Lie?"
"Jungkook was the one who beat you. Why did you not tell me?" You're composed and calm, having readied yourself with this conversation.

"How did you know?" He closed his book, his eyes dilated.

"We met. Now tell me why." You sat beside him, causing his uneasiness.

"I know he's important to you, and I don't want you to be upset." He looked down.

"But you're important to me as well..." You held his hand. He slightly jolted as your soft hand touched his.
"What did you two fight about?" You tried to keep as calm as possible.

He looked straight in your eyes and slowly parted his lips... "You..."

You don't know if it's wrong to feel the way you do, but your heart started to beat faster. The butterflies found their place in a seemingly inappropriate timing.

"Baekhyun talked to me..." He broke the deafening silence.
"It may seem unbelievable but.." He forced a chuckle, "Jungkook likes Yeon, and Baekhyun actually really likes you."

"What are you saying? I don't understand." You muttered.

"Kook is angered by the fact that Yeon is giving Baekhyun more chance on her...but he thought wrong about what was going on between them. He tried getting close to you to hurt Baekhyun..." He explained but it blurred your thoughts even more.

"You need to hear him, (y/n)." And with that, you despised everything.
--------------------------------------------

Sorry.

One word, too much feelings.
Your face turned pale as you pressed the send button.
Hate was all you could feel for yourself. How could you hurt someone who actually loves you?

Abruptly, you received a reply as if he was expecting your message.

I'll come over to your place.

You shook your head. Why would he just go to your house after what you've done? And also, you're too ashamed of yourself to even face him. Preventing yourself from disagreeing with him, you decided not to reply.

After a few minutes, you heard the doorbell rang. You went down with nervousness creeping up to you.

Opening the gate, you saw him, smiling at you. All the hatred and faults that blinded you before perished.
He looked like the same old him

The Baekhyun whose jokes you secretly die laughing at...
whose crazy antics drive you nuts...
whose indomitable wit you admire...
whose intimidating personality caught you...
whose alluring eyes make you melt...
whose beguiling smile makes your heart stop...
The Baekhyun whom you fell for.

"I missed you." He whispered.

"I'm sorry." You repeated with tears pooling in your eyes.
He stepped closer, closing the gap between you two. He cupped your face and wiped the tears that rolled down your face with his thumb.
"Don't cry." He hushed you, looking into your eyes.

"You're still beautiful when you cry, but please stop crying." He added, smiling.

"Baekhyun, I'm sorry." You hugged him tight, hoping to compensate him with all the hurtful words you've thrown before.

"(Y/n), I love you..." He replied, stroking your back.

"Please be my girlfriend."

---------------------------------------------

"So what now? Is it a yes?" The guy asked.

You felt fuzzy as soon as you heard the guy's plea, and you knew you wished Baekhyun have said the same to you.

"Hahaha! You're pathetic." the girl scoffed, making you feel bad for the guy.

Why can love be so harsh and unfair?, you thought

"Taeyeon, I've done all that you've told me to do. (Y/n) has completely fallen in love with me! What more do you want?!"

No buts, no ifs. You were debilitated by what you heard. It explained his absence. It explained why he didn't show up at all. He meant to hurt you? Tears streamed down your cheeks.
It felt like you were stabbed in the heart several times.

He didn't really like you.
He used you.

You closed your locker, which made a loud thud. The two heads were alarmed that someone had heard their talking.

"Stop your plan of ruining her image. I'm warning you." Baekhyun hissed, enraged.

"Sorry but it's not a yes.... You've succeeded in breaking her heart already, but the plan fell apart, so my answer is no.... not now that she seemed to have heard us." She smirked evilly, crossing her arms.

Baekhyun motioned to hurt her, causing her to close her eyes in fear, but he won over his enraged self and shun the immediate vengeance.
He bit his lip with an expression of disgust and shook his head before storming out of the room.

He searched through the corridors, following where the soft sobs were coming from with their stable resonance filling the halls.
At last he found the right one, one with a girl trying to suppress her sorrow as she sobs uncontrollably. It was you, sitting down on the floor hopelessly.
It pained him to see you like this that he wanted to kill himself right then and there.

He approached you only to receive spiteful words and hits. He didn't know what to say and how to explain.
He did it anyway. He really meant to hurt you. But not because of the reason you knew....
But because he needed to protect you.

Not knowing what to do, he forcefully landed his lips on yours, hoping you'd feel his unfeigned feelings. It's funny though that he thought you would stop hurting and start to understand everything with just a kiss.
Because it didn't...
And he received instead grave abhorrence by the girl he loves the most...

---------------------------------------------

I hope you got it.
Tell me if it's confusing.
Mianhamnida~