Chapter 2: Chances

Suho's POV

Her cute face always enlightens my day.
Her thin pink lips.
Her soft shiny black hair.
Her beautiful gentle hands.
Her flawless fair skin.
And my favorite part of her, his tantalizing eyes.

I've always been attracted to the way she moves, the way she speaks, the way she cracks jokes every now & then, the way she dresses up though simple, the way her voice sounds when he sings, the way she answers questions effortlessly yet still being able to get it correctly, & the way she gives me shivers when she looks into my eyes.

I've always been like this, looking at her from afar. I've become more inspired ever since I felt something for her.
I have never really liked someone this much before.
She's one of the girls whom others thought as one who also likes girls.
They can't be blamed actually.
She never wore dresses except in parties, soirees, or other special occasions when my mom would just force her to be in something girly.

But never did I think she has to change the way she is. For me, she's the most gorgeous among all the girls.
She doesn't need to wear flurry dresses,
Nor must she put make up on.
Just being in jeans makes her look perfect.
I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to tell her all these.
But I think I'm head over heels in love with her.

I doubt she feels the same, because ever since this guy came into her life, I felt I became the second best.

Aiisshh (y/n) is always staring at Baekhyun. She always looks like she's been targeted by cupid.
It's funny how she gapes at him right now while he's talking with our classmates.

I tapped her back to get her attention.
"(Y/n)! Haha! Don't you find that cute and funny?" I asked while pretending that I'm holding back my laughter.

"Nope. Not at all. Antic too...common." She answered bluntly.
I know she's lying. I even suspect that Baekhyun's jokes are written in her diary.

"I don't think so." I countered.
"But if you say so..."

She can't lie about how she feels for him now. Has she forgotten that she's been telling me regularly about Baekhyun and how she likes everything about him?

Every single word is like a dart to my chest.

But I was the bestfriend.

And he was her wonderwall.

-----------------------------------------
1 am

I was writing my thesis paper together with my company- coffee.
My eyes were nearly shutting down, but my nerdy heart tells them to finish everything before dozing off.
To keep me awake, I took a break and opened Facebook.
The first thing I checked was if she's online.
Probably, she's been busy with the paper too because she never went online since last week.

Continual clicking sound again filled my room as I resumed typing.
Suddenly, my phone buzzed.
An automatic smile brightened up my aura as I saw her name on my phone's screen.

Hurriedly, I read the text message.

Myeonniee, I'm the happiest girl today!
Baek was at the library earlier!
Guess what happened. ;)

The smile I was wearing immediately left my face. I should've at least expected this.
Nevertheless, I replied to her.

He was the librarian. He got your book?

I tried to look like I didn't care, but it's hard not to especially if she's telling me about her crush.

Y/n:
I wonder why you suck at guessing when you're the brightest person I know! Haha. No. :p try again mister.