“Come with me,” he says, his voice stern but not malicious. It sounded more like he was… imploring her.

“Is something wrong?” she asks as she lets herself be pulled along by him. He was looking back and forth, all around them, his light green eyes scanning the area. With a frustrated sigh at seeing people walking the halls near them, he changes direction, takes her up the stairs and into her room, guiding her in before looking out both ways into the halls and locking the door behind them. “Klaus, wha-”

“Not here,” he says quickly, grabbing her hand again before guiding them into her closet, looking that door as well. “Okay, here.”

“What’s going on?” she asks, suspicious of the extra measures that Klaus went to ensure the secrecy of this conversation.

“It’s about the current condition of the Corps,” he half explains, exhaling a long sigh as he leans his back against one the walls of her large closet, letting his back slide down until he’s sitting on the floor.

“What about them?” she asks quickly, falling to her knees in front of him, eyes widening in shock. She leans forward, grabbing his shoulders. “Is everyone okay? What about the Scouts coming in?”

Nora had known her betrothed for years. The were children when they first met, both being from royal families, their meeting was inevitable. He was honestly harmless, in regards to being a man alone with a woman. She trusted him, in a way. They weren’t close enough to be friends, but she could wholeheartedly call him a dependable ally.

They had also agreed-- behind their parents back-- that they were not going to get married, and that they were in love with other people.

“I think everyone that was supposed to come in has made it in,” he says vaguely.

“Were there any issues?”

“I heard the Council talking earlier. That’s why I ran to find you,” he replies, looking off to the side. “One of your higher ups… He died.”

Her breath catches in her throat, and she begins shaking him. “Who? Who?”

“His name is Mike.”

“Mike?” she asks, voice raising. “No, that can’t be right… He supposed to be the second strongest soldier, next to Levi. There’s no way… that he could be dead…”

“I’m sorry,” he says solemnly.

“What has Levi been doing lately? He’s been disappearing and hasn’t been speaking to me lately.”

“Perhaps he’s disgusted with his recent actions,” Klaus mumbles, hiding behind his bangs. “Either way, I’ve heard rumors, but that’s not something that I should tell you.” Another sigh escapes his lips. Her hands fall from his shoulders.