Perseus looked around the cabin. "Mostly killing bad people. I've killed Caligula, Nero, Maximillian Robespierre, Joseph Stalin, and many other of history's evils and procured Vlad the Impaler and Adolf Hitler for Hades, as they were his sons. I assume you know of the oath between the big three?"

Maximus looked at his brother with a confused expression. Perseus sighed. "Then I assume they haven't told you the great prophecy either, correct?"

Maximus again gave his brother a look of confusion, causing Perseus to put his head in his hands. "I'm surprised, considering Chiron's wiseness, but I trust him with the prophecy. However, after World War II, the Big Three, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades, decided to make a pact and not have anymore demigod children. This is because during World War II, one side of the war had a son of Zeus and a son of Poseidon, while the other had a child of Hades, Hitler. However, Zeus broke his oath," Perseus said, adding 'twice' under his breath.

"What was that?" Max asked.

"Nothing," Perseus said with a smile. "Continuing on, Zeus broke his oath, and had a daughter, Thalia."

Maximus gasped. "Like Thalia's tree!"

"Correct, Maximus, I see you aren't a complete idiot," Perseus said sarcastically.

"Hey, don't call me Maximus, it makes me sound old like you," Max said with a smirk.

Perseus ignored the jibe, but smiled at his brother. "Thalia made it to Camp Half-Blood, but was going to die, so Zeus turned her into a tree, thus Thalia's Tree. Anyways, don't mention this, it's a sore subject for some campers. Now, you are a son of Poseidon," Perseus said with a smile. "Unfortunately, that makes you a forbidden child, and a mistake."

Perseus looked at Max sadly, whose expression soured. "However, just because you are a mistake doesn't mean your father doesn't love you. Your mother is very beautiful, and I'm not surprised Poseidon fell in love with her. Besides, Poseidon has been known to be one of the most caring gods, and one of the most powerful. Because you are his son, you will be very powerful, especially with hydrokinesis."

Max's expression brightened. "Anyways, let's talk about your quest. Who are you taking?" Perseus asked.

Max smiled. "Grover and Annabeth," he said.

Perseus chuckled. "Young love. Anyways, good choices, considering Annabeth is probably very smart, due to her parentage, and Grover has been loyal to you since the beginning. However, make sure you don't hurt Annabeth's pride too much. It is her weakness. However, if you know she is wrong, just make sure you do the right thing, and she will eventually get over it."

Maximus smiled at the information. "So, what's the prophecy?" Perseus asked his brother.

Maximus gulped before repeating what the oracle told him.

"You shall go west, and face the god who has turned

You shall find what was stolen and see it safely returned

You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend

And you shall fail to save what matters most in the end"

Perseus frowned at his brother. "That looks grim. However, I will be there in the background to help you, so if you need help, I'll be there."

Max smiled at his brother. "Thank you so much brother, you don't know how much this means to me. Also, since you gave me your sword, which sword will you use?"

Perseus smirked. "When I bring it out, I'm sure your friend Annabeth will know exactly what it is."

TIME SKIP (the next morning)