11. SARCASTIC SIBLINGS

Start from the beginning

"Little lady, you do no-"

Before James could continue, Eva snatched the photo album out of his hands and ran down the stairs. Eva tripped on her feet as she was going downstairs before she caught herself as she hit the floor.

James looked back at her. "Are you alright?"

Eva took a deep breath before answering, "I'm okay," she breathed out, getting her bearings before the chase continued.

As Sirius trudged his way down the stairs, he immediately set eyes on the Potter siblings. He was slightly concerned for his friend as his little sister was beating him with a wooden spoon, but decided not to ask.

As soon as Eva sensed the presence of the Black, she shot up and tucked the spoon behind her back, not wanting to set him off in any way.

James let out a sigh of relief as he let his body relax on the floor. He ran a hand through his hair before turning to his best friend. "Thank Merlin that you're here. I don't think I could have faked that she was winning for much longer."

"Hey!" Eva cried out, debating whether or not to pull out the wooden spoon once more. "I won because I was fast. You couldn't beat me if you tried."

Sirius raised his eyebrow at how outspoken the usually shy girl had become but wisely chose once again to bite his tongue.

As if right on queue, Euphemia and Fleamont both rounded the corner to see the three children.

"Good morning to you all," Fleamont sang, getting a similar response from each of the children, only a little less enthusiastic.

"Right then you all, let's grab some breakfast and start up the day."

...

Eva stepped by the Potter's fireplace, hauling along her trunk. She dipped her hand in the pot hung just beside it, and took a fistful of the green powder. She stepped inside and held her trunk tight before throwing down the dust.

"Heathers' mansion," she chanted, and the world around her began to spin. Kaelyn had sent her a letter a few days prior asking if she wanted to come over to her house and Eva happily agreed.

She had traveled through the floo network various times, but the dizzying sensation never got any better. She felt her feet hit the ground, and she brushed off her clothing before stepping out of the fireplace.

She had been to the Heathers mansion a total of six times now, and it never failed to impress. The place was white from floor to ceiling and seemed as if it had been scrubbed clean just moments before her arrival. The light chatter coming from the kitchen suggested her friends were both inside, so she proceeded her way over.

"Cupid has arrived!" Eva sang, flinging her arms around both of her friends.

"Cupid?" Adan laughed, shoving her shoulder slightly.

Kaelyn seemed to catch on, and her cheeks turned a dark shade of pink. "Shut it, Potter," she told her, rolling her eyes.

"In your dreams Heathers," Eva responded.

"This one never can shut her mouth," Adan added, jabbing his thumb in the direction of Eva. "Don't even try asking."

"Rude," she whined, earning a laugh from both of her friends.

"Is he wrong though?" Kaelyn teased.

"Alright, alright, give it a rest you two. You act as if you haven't been dating since our second year," Eva sighed. "So what do you have planned for today, Kaelyn?"