━ 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

"𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒎, 𝒊𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒃𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔, 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒏𝒐 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏."

All the words, in all the books, in all the libraries of the world, do not explain that feeling. That feeling that Evaleigne Potter felt most deeply. The feeling of a collar tied around her neck, then to a leash; the leash being held by her older brother by a year, James Potter. Not quite literally or physically, but mentally and emotionally. The feeling of being controlled, with nothing but someone else's decisions defining her.

It felt like she was a puppet, James being the puppeteer. Her every movement and decision was controlled by her older brother with thin threads cast around her limbs.

James was always there. Like the sticker that wouldn't peel, the scar that never seemed to fade, and the bent corners of her book.

It really was indescribable.

One could have thought Eva would be in Slytherin instead of Ravenclaw, as dark thoughts would constantly penetrate her mind. She could be cheerful when she wanted to and could make anybody laugh. She didn't like the idea of plummeting down into a hole of darkness; light is what brings her joy, but she put up a barrier. A barrier that blocked out her emotions, making her appear sad, gloomy, and harsh. No, scratch that, she didn't put up a barrier, James had built one from the ground up, and now it surrounded her.

James could be in Slytherin, just as much as she. You could see his arrogance, just by the way he walked; his ego-inflating with his pace, his smirk growing along with it. He most likely was not chosen for that house because he is not ambitious. He does not set goals in the hope to achieve them, he does things on instinct and makes decisions repulsively.

The only reason she could come to for her house placement was her thoughts. She could get lost in them for hours, staring blankly at a wall. She hardly kept up on assignments, ditched classes every so often, and took no joy in studying; none of which matched up with the traits portrayed in Ravenclaw. Her creativity is what kept her afloat.

James never knew what went on inside Eva's head. To him, it looked like a bunch of scribbled lines, all with no intention. He never knew why she found him so annoying and controlling.

Eva loved the poor mess of a boy, she really did, but Eva could never grasp what it was. What made him so protective, so invested, so controlling. Brotherly love is important, as is one's family, but not when it harms the other person; not when it becomes borderline unhealthy.

James only did it out of love for his sister, not realizing it wasn't as simple as that.

He was all, and she was nothing.