Chapter 1

Dear Diary,

Today was my first day at my new school. I am finally a senior. Well anyway, today I met a really cute boy his name is Zach. He is so cute, he could be Prince Charming. He could be my Prince Charming but I doubt that is ever going to happen because opposites don't mix. I hate that sentence so much. Why can't they mix? Maybe it isn't true, so me and Zach could be together. The thing is he already has a beautiful girlfriend. Do you think they love each other? What is love? Will I know what it is like to love? Will I die alone? All of these questions scare me so much. This is what I get for moving, I meet a cute boy that can't be mine and that will never be mine. Why me?
Love,
Brenda

"Brenda, get down here!" my mother yelled.

"Coming," I yelled back.

I locked up my diary and put it in its secret spot. Then I headed down stairs to see what my mother wanted.

"What is it-," I stopped mid sentence because someone was standing in the room wiht her. It was Zach the cute boy from school. This wasn't going to be good. What was he doing here?

"This is Zach, he is our neighbor," my mom said to me.

"Why is he here?" I asked.

"Don't be rude honey," she said.

"Sorry," I said.

"He is going to stay with you for a week while me and your dad are on a business trip," she said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Because I don't want you to be alone," she said.

"That is why we have a dog," I stated.

"You know what I mean sweetie," she said.

"When are you guys leaving?" I asked.

"Tomorrow," she said.

"So Friday?" I asked.

"Okay but why is he here now?" I asked confused.

"To have dinner and to get know us," she said.

"Oh," was all I said.

"So go get into something nice."

"Isn't what I'm wearing fine?"

"If you were going to the junk yard, then yes." When she said that, I heard Zach chuckle.

"Fine, give me 15 minutes and then I'll be down.

"Ok, love you sweetheart."

I walked up stairs and went to the bathroom so I could shower. When I got out of the shower, I went back into my room wrapped in my towel. I found Zach in my room. What the heck was he doing in here?

"What are you doing in here?" I asked trying not to yell.

"Just looking around," he said without looking up from what he was looking at.

"What are you looking at?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said and put the thing he had where he found it, which was close to my secret spot for my diary.

"Can you leave my room?" I asked.

"Why?" he said still looking around. And he hadn't made eye contact with or looked at me.

"I need to get dressed," I said.

He looked up and then looked back down.

"Do you mind?" I asked.

"Not at all," he said with a smirk.

I then decided to grab my clothes and change in the bathroom. I put on a plain and simple black strapless dress with black flats. My hair is naturally curly so I just left it like that. Now it was time to face what was ahead. Dinner with Zach, my crush and the bad boy in school.