Chapter 5

"We need to talk," he said.

Oh no, this can't be good.

What does he want to talk about?

******
All he did was talk about freaking school. What the heck, I though he was going to ask me to be his girlfr-. I mean to be...be... his friend, yeah his friend.

It didn't seem like he wanted to talk about school because he hesitated at first, not knowing what to talk about. I don't know about boys anymore, they are weird.

Zach's P.O.V.

I was going to ask Brenda a question but I just couldn't. I mean I think I like her. Not 'like' in a friend way, but 'like' more than friends. I was going to ask her if she wanted to be my girlfriend, but I chickened out.

I don't know why I wanted to ask her that question, but ever since we kissed she messed me up. I thought about her a lot and when we kissed I felt fireworks, ok that sounded really gay but I am being serious. I really do lov- I mean like her.

*********
"What do you wanna do today?" I asked.

"I don't know," she replied.

"Wait, I have a perfect idea," I said.

"Ok," she said.

We got in the car and went someone where I planned us to go.

"Where are we going?" she asked kind of scared.

"It's a surprise," I replied.

"Are you going to kill me?" she asked and her face turned pale. Her reactions are priceless, her reactions are so adorable, she is adorable. :)

"No, I would never hurt you or let anyone hurt you," I said.

After that, there was an awkward silence, but we arrived to our destination. We walked through a path of trees, but you could see where you were going. I don't think Brenda was really paying attention to what was about to be in front of us.

"Where are we going?" she asked again.

"I told you, it's a surprise," I replied.

I heard her sigh but she kept walking. Then I heard a thump followed by an 'ow'. I turned back and saw that Brenda had fallen. Now she was sitting and holding her knee. She moved her hand and looked up at me. There was some blood running down her knee.

I carried her to where we needed to go, which was the beach, a secret beach that only me and some of my friends know about. I set her down by the water and told her I would've right back.

I ran to my car to get a basket and the towel that was already in there. I had forgot to pack another towel, crap. I ran back by Brenda and waded her cut and got her a band-aid which I packed knowing she was clumsy.

While I put the band-aid on her, I felt water hit my face. I looked at her and all she said was 'oops' and then started to laugh.

"Oh, you'll pay for that," I told her.

"What are you gonna do about it?" she asked.

"You better run," I said. She took my advice and ran. I gave her a ten second head start. She ran slower than me, so I caught her pretty easily. I picked her up bridal style and she started to scream.

"Put me down Zach," she screamed while scrambling in my arms.

"No, time from payback," I said.

I walked in the water a little and threw her. She screamed as she was about to go in the water. She came up and her make up was running. I don't even see why girls wear make up, especially Brenda, she looks beautiful no matter what.

"Really Zach, you-you... jerk," she screamed.

"Really jerk was the best you could come up with?" I questioned with a smirk.

"Yes, because I am not mean like you," she said.

"You think I am mean?" I asked holding my heart like she hurt my feelings.

"You threw into the water," she said.

"You started it," I said like a five year old and stuck out my tongue, and she did the same back.

"It wasn't a great idea to wear a white shirt," I said. You could see through her shirt and she was wearing a light blue bra.

Her faced turned red and I could tell she felt insecure.

"You're nasty," she said. Next thing I know, I am underwater. We had a big water fight. It was actually really fun, she dunked me under water and I dunked her underwater.

Soon after that we got hungry. We got out of the water and went to get food from the basket. There was a dock so we decided to sit on that.

Now here we are, sitting on the dock sharing a towel, eating sandwiches and talking. The sun already went down so the moon was already out. The view looked nice too. I looked at her and she looked beautiful. She looked at me and noticed I was staring at her.

"What?..." she asked confused.

"Nothing," was my replied.

"I am cold, I think we should leave," she said.

"No, here," I said while putting her on my lap and wrapping the towel around us more.

"Uh..." was all she could say.

I looked at her and she looked at me. I started to inch forward and she did too, until our faces were about an inch away from each other.

"You need to kiss me," she said.

"Yes, I do," I said.

(A/N: I got the kissing part from a book called "My Life Next Door" by Huntley Fitzpatrick. It is a really good book, I recommend you read it.)

And then I kissed her, we deepened the kiss, until we were interrupted by her phone. (She had taken her phone out of her pocket before I started to chase after her.) Brenda pulled away and got her phone. She answered it and all she was 'ok' and 'yeah'.

Brenda told me it was her mom and that her and her father are on their way home from the airport. This just disappointed me because my week with Brenda was over. We walked to the car and I gave her a towel to sit on. The car ride back to her house was silent, it was a sad silence.

We walked out the car, her dads car was already there. Then we walked to the porch, now we see what awaits us behind this door. Which probably wouldn't be good. Hopefully, there would be good news to this.