Chapter 6

Brenda's P.O.V.

We walked into the house and my parents were smiling at us. I wonder what this was. They told us to come take a seat, this can't be good or can it?

"Honey, we have been thinking, and we want you to have this house," my mom said.

"What do you mean?" I asked highly confused.

"We are letting you have this house and we are going to move to Hawaii and we trust you with this house," she stated.

"We will stay for the bills, until you get a job though and your out of high school," my father said.

"You will be able to have someone move in here with you so your not alone," my mom said.

I looked at Zach and Zach looked at me. I turned to my mom and my dad. Mom shook her head yes while my dad just stared at Zach.

**********
"I promise no funny business," Zach yelled to my father.

I found out that my parents had already packed all of their stuff in the car. It was going to be really hard to get all of that to Hawaii.

I am just really happy that they actually let Zach stay with me. The thing is we need to tell his parents so they aren't worried.

"Zach, don't you think we should tell your parents that you are going to be living with me?" I asked.

"No, they won't even notice I'm gone," he stated looking at the ground.

"What do you mean?" I asked looking at him. I was starting to become very concerned.

"You want to know what Brenda, you need to stop being so fucking nosy and mind your damn business," he screamed and made me wince. I have never heard him use that voice and I wish he hadn't used it.

"Fine," was all I said and I headed upstairs to go to sleep.

I laid down and just stared at the ceiling. Wondering why did he yell at me? Was his parents mean to him? Did his parents car about him? Was this all my fault? I couldn't stop thinking about this questions, and I think this was all my fault.

I looked over at the clock which read 2:15 a.m. I got up and put on my black aero hoodie. It was a guys but I didn't care it was comfy. I went to my window and then climbed to the roof.

I just sat there all night looking at the sky and thinking. Why did Zach snap? I need to stop thinking about this and give him some space. I looked at my phone it was 5:30 a.m. I climbed down from the roof and went to take a shower.

Once I got out of my shower, it was only 6 and Zach gets up at 6:15 so I made him breakfast. I made toast, eggs, bacon, and some coffee.

I had to go to school early to make a test up, so I just walked there. I didn't want to bother Zach for a ride. I was just going to avoid him for now. I know the craziest idea, I live with him how am I suppose to avoid him? I will find away.

Zach's P.O.V.

I felt bad for snapping like that at Brenda but she has no idea what I have been through. Not a lot of people know what I have been through. I don't really tell people because it makes me made and upset.

I don't deserve Brenda. To be honest, I don't even know if we are dating. We kissed but never made it official. I feel terrible now. Why did I snap at her? She looked hurt when I snapped at her, maybe I should go apologize.

I looked at the clock and it read 2:00 am. I finally got out of bed at 2:15 am. I went to her bedroom but she wasn't there. I knew exactly where she would be. I climbed up to the roof and there she was laying down. She was looking at the sky. She was talking to herself.

"Why did he snap at me like that? This all my fault," she said sniffling.

Had she been crying. Now I felt really bad. I wanted to go over there and hug her but that would probably be a bad idea. I just decided to go and lay down. I knew I wasn't going to get any sleep.

************
(Morning)

I didn't get any sleep last night. I heard Brenda come inside. She started the shower and got ready for school, I wasn't going to get out of bed until 6:15 am. I smelled something, was she making breakfast? I would find out later.

I looked at my clock and it was 6:15, I got out of bed and started to shower. When I got out and got dressed and got food. Brenda had made breakfast for me. I would thank her later.

I got my things for school and then drove to school. I just noticed that Brenda was gone, did she already go to school?

*****

In first hour, I couldn't concentrate on anything but Brenda. I really needed to apologize to her, would she listen?

***********
(Lunch time)

Finally it was lunch time and I could apologize to Brenda. Brenda was sitting with her friend Natalie, Hailey, and Lily.

I walked up to them. They all looked confused on why I was there, besides Brenda who just looked away.

"Brenda, can I talk to you, in private?" I asked.

"No," she snapped.

"Just go Brenda, it seems important," Natalie said. This is why I love Natalie, in a friend way of course.

Brenda got up and we went outside to sit on a bench.

"What do you want?" she asked.

"I want to apologize for yelling at you," I said.

"It's fine," was all she said.

"No, it's not. I just got worked up because you said something about my parents. And then I snapped at you which I shouldn't have. I wasn't mad at you, I was mad at myself" I said.

"Why?" she said looking into my eyes.

I breathe and finally decided to tell her, I don't know why though.

"My dad was abusive. One day I came home from school and he was beating my mom. He was yelling and screaming at her, I tried to stop him, but he wouldn't listen. I walked up to him and told him to stop, but all he did was push me against the wall and yell 'mind your damn business'. My sister Hayley was already asleep but she heard the noise and came downstairs. She asked our father why e was hurting our mom and he said go back to sleep. She didn't listen she just started to cry and tell him to stop. She walked up to him and smacked, not hard of course because she was little. He stopped hitting my, which she was already passed out. He grabbed Hayley and started beating her with a belt. I was one the floor and finally had enough strength to get up and tried walking over to help Hayley. My father pulled out a gun and held it up to Hayley's head, she was now crying. He said if I came any closer he would fire the gun. He pushed me again and all I could do was watch my sister get hurt," I finished and my eyes were watery but I wasn't going to cry.

"Oh, I am sorry Zach," Brenda said while hugging me.

"It's not your fault, it's mine. I could've helped Hayley but I didn't. I didn't even know if the gun was loaded or not. I could have helped Hayley but no I just watched her get hit with a belt. Now she is still in the hospital. This had happened 3 years ago. She is suppose to et out soon though. She is going through physical therapy too. She won't even talk to any of us. It took me a year to talk after this, a year that is a long time. This whole thing messed me up. I will never no how to trust anyone again," I said.

"You trust me," said Brenda.

"I can?" I asked confused.

"You just told me all of that and I would never tell anyone because I care about you that much," she said.

"Thank you," I said.

"You're welcome," she said and we hugged.

The plan is going as expected...