• Chapter 29 •

I took my stance and held my lightsaber up, preparing myself. I was expecting to be fired at by all of these machines but after a moment of calm I realised that was not what was going to happen. That's when I saw him, walking towards me.

I say walking, but he wasn't exactly walking. He was rushing towards me, every step filled with rage and sorrow. I turned of the lightsaber and placed the hilt on my belt, which was a terrible move because as he etched closer, he grabbed his lightsaber and ignited the blade.

I quickly took my lightsaber out again and made sure my stance was sturdy. "Please, I don't want to fight you." I screamed.

"You left." He screamed back, it didn't seem like there was any reasoning with him. He looked completely feral.

He was extremely close to me now, "Please don't do this." I muttered, my voice barely audible.

Kylo swung his lightsaber and me and I agilely blocked his hit. In the time I was with him, I came to realise how unpredictable his fighting style was. It was going to be difficult to defend myself against him but I would be able to.

I wasn't trying to land hits on him, that's not what I wanted. I was just desperately trying to defend my self against his attacks. I was trying to speak but there was no time. His attacks were too quick. I had to slowly move backwards with because he was advancing.

There was no use in trying to talk to him, he was absolutely raging. I could feel that it wasn't only anger though, it was pain. "Just...let...me...talk...to...you" I huffed between blocks.

He didn't respond, just continued to viciously swing his lightsaber at me to the point where I felt my self losing control. It was beginning to become too much for me to handle.

It was then when he struck me. It was extremely painful, I fell to the ground with a huge gash on my thigh. I've gotten used to pain but this was a deep wound, and the fact that Kylo gave it to me just made it all the more painful.

I lay on the ground eyeing the wound in disbelief. I looked up at Kylo who was stood still, staring at me in shock. It was then that I felt his entire demeanour change, this was no longer Kylo. The person staring down at me was Ben.

"(Y/N)!" He shouted, dropping to his knees in front of me.

"What was that for?!" I screamed at him.

"I-I-I I'm so sorry." He said moving his hands towards the open wound on my leg.

I winced and pulled away from him. "What do you think you're doing?" I said disapprovingly.

"Please just let me..." He said gazing into my eyes. "I wanna try..."

I was unsure what he was planning on doing but I could tell that this was Ben. I let him near me, in hopes that his intentions were good. He placed both of his hands just over my thigh and closed his eyes. I had no idea what was happening.

I expected him to touch the gash so I closed my eyes tight and tensed up but then I felt a really weird tingly feeling around the cut on my leg. I opened my eyes and to my surprise the wound was completely gone, not even a trace of a scar, just a rip in my pants.

I looked up to see Kylo- no Ben, with tears flowing from his eyes. "(Y/n)...I am so sorry." He said completely breaking down.

A single tear rolled down my cheek. I placed my hand gently on his face and smiled. "I forgive you." I spoke softly. "Just don't do it again, please?" I laughed a little.

"Never again." He wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a tight bear hug. "(Y/n)..." He pulled back and stared into my eyes.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I love you. So much. You've saved me." He said wholeheartedly.

"I know." I smirked. "I love you too Ben." I was filled with a completely warm and wonderful feeling. "I can call you that now, right?" I laughed.

"Of course you can, my love. That is my name after all." He smiled softly.

"My love? Little bit cheesy, no?" I giggled, standing up.

"Just a little." He stood opposite me. He placed one of his hands gently around my waist and the other entangled in my hair.

I wrapped both of my arms around his wide torso and we both leant in for a gentle slow kiss. There we were standing between the first order and the resistance, just happy to be in one another's arms.

I had brought Ben Solo back, and I could only assume that I was the happiest person in the universe at that moment.

"We'd better get inside the base before Hux realises what's going on here." I said looking up at Ben.

"I'm sure he already knows, but you're right." Ben replied. We began to run back towards the base. "Wait (Y/n), i'm...i'm afraid." He said hanging his head low.

"Of what?" I questioned.

"Of not getting the acceptance and forgiveness you believe I will receive." He replies stopping in his tracks.

"I'm sure that you will be forgiven but either way I will have your hand in mine every step of the way." I took his hand.

"Alright." He sighed.

Hand in hand we made our way back to the resistance. It was going to be wonderful to be able to be with all of the people I love. I just know they'll accept him, Leia has said that she wants him to return. Poe will most likely be a little apprehensive but other than that everyone will be alright and it should all work out just fine.

(A/n) This is almost the end, I'll do an epilogue  so hopefully you stick around for that.