Chapter 36

The madness of demons is rage - the madness of angels - hope....

      Laying on her abdomen in one of my black tees, Raven scrolls through the list of horror movies on my Netflix. To say she looked hot would be an understatement. The moment was almost unrealistic.

        "Hey Klaus!" She yells and I realize she's yet to notice my return to the room. "Can we watch It?"

         Horrific. "Why not?"

     She jerks her head backwards and I grin at her before getting beside her on the bed. "How are you feeling?"

        "Fine. I've been fine all day," She rolls her eyes, selecting the horror movie. She takes a side glance at me and then the screen as the name rolls on. "Don't go pissing your pants."

       Grabbing the closest pillow, I gently smack her on the head with it and she lets out a giggle.

         Halfway into the movie, I catch Raven falling asleep and almost pull at my hair. How does anyone sleep through a horror movie? Ignoring my bothering thoughts, I put the movie on pause and place her properly on the bed with a pillow and blanket to aid.

          I make my way into the kitchen to get something in when I run into Elsie, getting back from God knows where.

          "Nik?" Her voice dictates surprise as she pulls closer towards me. "You're home early. Didn't your school just close?"

          I itch behind my hair, thinking of the perfect excuse to not only get me busted but keep Raven undiscovered. "Yeah—I wasn't feeling so well."

        The back of her palm clashes with my forehead as she presses down on it. "Did you catch the flu or something? Should we go to dad's hospital to check it out?"

          "Uh—no—absolutely not! I'll be fine," I panic, stumbling on my words. "I just wanted to order a pizza, I'll be back in my room now."

      Her eyes narrow at me and she nods. "I'll be in my room too. I have to get some work in."

          "C—Cool."

       I grab my phone and actually order for the pizza while I watch Elsie stalk into her room. I await the delivery man in the living room for some minutes before it finally arrives. I duck my head in space for some seconds, checking if Elsie was anywhere around before making my way into my room. I felt stupid the moment I shut my door.

       I place the pizza on my desk and glance around.  Raven was still asleep. She now held on to the pillow, letting out light snores.

       Damn. How'd I get this hot bitch?

         "Take a picture?" I think I hear her mumble but remain uncertain. Her right eye pops open, glancing at me and I almost stumble backwards. A laugh escapes her lips as she sits up and stretches out. "I'm taking this shirt."

           "How are you up already?" I furrow my brows. "You were asleep for what? Half an hour?"

            "I control my sleep time," She yawns, getting off the bed. She pulls her shirt down a little more. "I look hot in this, right?"

        I roll my eyes, settling on my bed. "You? Hot? I don't see it."

           A pillow immediately makes it way towards my face and I chuckle.

        Raven trails toward me, stretching herself out on my lap. Her leg locks around my waist and her hands find their way round my neck. "How about now?" She whispers, her eyes sizing up my lips.

           "Still not seeing it." My voice drops to the same pitch as hers, a smirk plastering on my lips.

        She leans in closer and locks lips with me. Her lips are undeniably soft and warm as she gently caresses mine. "I think I see it now." I nod and she smiles, gripping me tighter. I flip her on to the bed within seconds and I'm over her, kissing and trailing down her neck.

      We are both suddenly distracted by the sound of my door going open. I turn and catch Elsie behind the open door. "Oh my...Fuck!" I hear her shriek as she shut the door.

          I groan, getting off Raven as I go to get my door locked.

        "Was that your sister?" Raven asks, sitting up. I nod to reply and she smiles. "Well, that was an awkward way of meeting..."

           "I doubt she saw your face." I moan, going to sit on the bed now.

        Raven curls up behind me, locking her hands around my neck as she warms up against me. "But she sure as hell saw yours." She whispers and nibbles on my earlobe.

      My skin tingles at the action and I groan even more as I think of the embarrassing moment.

       .Ravenna.

     I pull Klaus' jacket closer to my body when he drops me off with a kiss. "Tell your sister I said hey."

        "Shut up." He groans and I chuckle, watching the blush on his cheek rise from obviously thinking about the moment we had.

          "See you at the carnival?" I inquire, just to be sure he was still up for that tomorrow.

        "Definitely." He smiles, revealing his beautifully indented dimples. His lips meet my forehead once again before he drives off.

         I might be the most selfish person at the moment to have this thought but I felt extremely loved by Klaus and while I might not be certain if I completely shared the same emotion with him, I was glad I did have him.

            "Where were you?" Jenna asks, as soon as I step into the house. "Your school called."

           "Fuck, Jenna!" I yell, startled. "Don't you have your own life to get to?"

        "Where the hell were you?"

        "Making babies." I roll my eyes, stalking away. Count on Jenna to make a good day completely ridiculous.