Chapter 70

In the end, we all become stories...

      "You're being childish," I groan into my phone for what seems like the hundredth time. "Just call me. Let's talk about this."

    I click the end button and slump into bed in frustration. The morning after Klaus figured out about the kiss River and I shared hadn't gone so well. He had given me short replies and an attitude all through the day. We had gone home that day and he hadn't called since then. That 'then' was three days ago.

     My door swings open and Kaitlyn steps in, blubbering a whole bunch of nonsense. "Oh–I'm sorry–still getting used to the whole place–I'll go now."

      I arch a brow, awaiting her leave. "Please do."

      She nods before exiting with a weird facial expression. My phone vibrates beside me and I immediately reach for it, hoping for a response from Klaus. I glance to see 'Zoie' calling me instead. Ugh. What does that bitch want?

       "Why are you calling me?" I cut to the chase, the moment I place my phone to my ear.

        "Hello to you too," She says and I can almost hear her eye roll from the other end. "Just wanted to catch up? Where can we meet?"

       I halt, shifting the phone from my ear to glance at the screen once again. Wasn't this the Zoie bitch? "I'm sorry but did I fall asleep at some point in life because last time I checked, we are not friends!"

     She scoffs. "Not trying to befriend you 'Bonnie'. Just wanted to hang."

   Did she just use that criminal's name as a nickname for me?

     "We don't need to hang if we're not trying to be friends," I reply. "And I don't want to be friends. You flirted with my boyfriend bitch."

       "I needed the cash." She spits out.

     "Cash? Mind explaining that?"

     "Sure. I'd text you an address." She cheerily replies before hanging up. That bitch.

×××

     An ice-cream parlor. That was where she had chosen for us to talk. Wow. Girl is softer than I gave her credit for.

      "Start talking." I snarl, slipping into the booth she had chosen for us.

       "Could you chill?" She gives me an agitated look, gesturing for a guy nearby. I think he works here. She makes a very brief order before turning to look at me with a smile. "Nice seeing your ugly face again."

       "Quit flirting with me and cut to the chase Hunter." I roll my eyes, getting comfortable on the seat.

      She taps her chin, leaning in. "Like any particular flavors?"

      I lean back, digging my fingers into my hair. "You're playing with me."

       "Vanilla? You could be pretty plain."

        "Chocolate chip!"

     She shrugs. "Could have guessed it."

    I lunge forward, gripping her jacket. "What cash?"

      Her order arrives at that moment and the guy switches glances between the both of us. I slowly let go of her jacket and adjust myself on my seat. He drops off the ice-cream and then walks off.

       "Here's yours." She grins, pushing a bowl of ice-cream towards my direction. Chocolate chip. But how?– "Cooper didn't want Larson going out with you so every girl in school was after him, trying to get him away from you."