Chapter 1

Have you ever stared at the way the flowers bloomed and admired them? The way the wind ran through your hair and made your skin tingle or watch as the sun went down giving you a moment you'd never want to forget....

     Those are one of the moments you are thankful for the gift you've had. The gift of life. I wish I could be thankful for that too, unfortunately, I'm not. If I had the given opportunity, I'd grab the closest knife and stab myself to death,over and over again; you know like I was killing the one I hate the most but then that's the thing, I am the one I hate the most! I'm my own sin being commited–I'm my own demon possessing my soul–I'm my own personal hell–

          I take a long hard stare at the guy who has been stealing glances of me ever since I got in. I wonder what intrigued him, the short black hair? The tattoos? Or the piercings? Hell, maybe all!

      I take a long sip out of my milkshake, my eyes not leaving his. He tries mirroring my actions but ends up spilling the content of his cup on to his white shirt. He immediately shrieks and I stifle a laugh, taking that  opportunity to make it out the small diner.

       Sunny days. Are not my favourites. I dump the remaining content of my cup into the closest trash can before grabbing my helmet, placing it over my hair before putting on sun shades.

      I like to look badass.

       I swiftly hop onto my motorcycle, revving it back to life. I'm about to hit the gas pedal when the guy from the diner rushes out in a panic. I avert my gaze to him and slightly push my shades to the tip of my nose.

       "Um...hey!" He waves at me, walking over.

         "Nice shirt." I remark, and he flushes.

         "Uh...It's just cola" He tells me. "Sorry if I'm sort of bothering you or anything but I was kind of wondering if I could get your number."

       "No." I smirk, pushing my shades back up.

      "Um...okay, can I get a name at least?"

       I smile, revving up the engine of my motorcycle one more time.

         "Raven."

      And with that, I hit on the gas pedal, making my way out the small parking lot.

                                ×××

        I scrunch up my nose the moment I step into the house. It reeked of alcohol. He was probably drinking again.

        I exhale, dropping my motorcycle keys on the small coffee table in the living room before making my way into the kitchen. The place where the awful smell originated.

      He was laid on the counter, barely holding on to a bottle of whiskey while he mumbled incoherently. Great.

           "Dad?" The bottle slips out of his hand the moment he hears my voice and I make a quick reaction to catch it.

        "Drinking again, I see."

      "Where'd you go off to?" He slurs, stumbling off the counter.

         "I went to see mom." I tell a quick lie, watching as he staggers towards the sink.

        "You went to see your mother?" He repeats. "That's new."

          "Whatever." I roll my eyes, tossing the empty bottles of vodka into the trash can. "I'd probably go see her again tomorrow or something."

        "This is becoming a regular thing now?" He hiccups and I nod, putting some of the contents on the island back into their original spots.

        "Since you're deciding to take on new...habits?"

         I roll my eyes at his choice of word.

        "I might as well tell you about the school now."

          I freeze. "What school?" I ask through gritted teeth.

        "I think you need to start going to an actual high school again." He coughs.

       Even in his half drunk state, he manages to find a way to piss me off.

       "East high is an actual high school." I snarl.

          "When I say an actual high school, I mean one where the students aren't obsessively involved with drugs and all sort of illegal items." He goes on to mark his point.

        "Okay––" I drawl. "I am not changing schools and don't even bother trying because I do not give two shits about your opinion."

        "Ravenna–"

      "Raven." I growl. "And it's my life dad, stick to yours and I'll stick to mine."

       I toss the carton of cornflakes in my hand into the closest cabinet and furiously make my way out of the kitchen.