Chapter 19: The Road Not Taken

And shortly, Repliku and I were sitting on the quiet beach, with him asking me what my intention with the Realm of Darkness was.

Karla: "I have a feeling that one way to trace Sora is to learn about his darkness".

Repliku: "He's full of light though, so much so that my replica has joined him in that light. Wouldn't you find it better to find him by his light? I can take you back if you want".

Karla: "Light is his presence, but then what makes his absence? Also, even if Sora isn't here, he still may be under the influence of darkness. If you're lonely, scared, worried, deserted; all those emotions have a dark origin".

Repliku: "You've got a point. But why are you focusing so much on the darkness?".

Karla: "It's called the road not taken. If everybody else is trying to find him by his light and they are not succeeding, then perhaps a different approach needs to be taken and we may be lucky. As I said, even if we don't necessarily find him, every experience is something we can learn about him or his current environment. And don't tell me no person has at least a little bit of darkness in them or they've never made a mistake in their life, and all humans make mistakes in one way or another. Mistakes are what make us human and not some seemingly invincible, supernatural being".

Repliku: "That's very wise, no wonder you chose Riku as a dream guide and not Sora, because most would choose Sora".

Repliku giving a chuckle. And then I noticed something and pointed

Karla: "Wait a minute... What's that over there?".

Repliku: "More heartless. But you said you could do it this time, right? Don't let me down".

Karla: "Yes I did. I can now slap the heartless silly".

As Repliku and I were now standing our ground, a large group of heartless barraged their way towards us. Repliku swung his keyblade in any way he could while just my hands moved ridiculously fast; all the various motions chopping through the heartless and throwing some of them into the air and then them landing on overwhelmingly hard impact. I looked over and saw that Repliku was impressed, but it was only a short glance as he had to continue dealing with his side of the heartless. However, once we thought we had dealt with the whole group, Repliku spoke.

Repliku: "That was incredible. How did you do all that? Without a keyblade?".

Karla: "Told you I can draw unique strength. But I would not have been able to face them like that alone".

Repliku: "Looks like you're set. Let's continue exploring the realm and see if you can find any clues. If you're interested, I know some others that could help".

Karla: "I think we should be okay for now, but I'll keep it in mind".

Repliku gave a soft smile as he prompted me to follow him.