Chapter 48

Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput, the prince of Shivgarh had reached his palace late at night but he could not sleep. He had some questions in his mind and he craved answers for them. He was restless as he wondered who killed Aparajita’s mother, Maharani Manjughosha Devi. Scratching his forehead, he twisted and turned on his bed but he could not sleep the whole night.

As soon as the morning sun rose high in the sky turning the light blue sky into hues of orange, pink, and purple, Veerbhadra sprang out of the bed as he rushed to the river Ganga for a sacred bath but not before informing a royal servant to tell the old king, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput that he wanted to talk something really important to him and commander-in-chief of the Rajputana army.

It was a Monday morning and being a staunch believer of Lord Shiva, Veerbhadra never missed to offer his prayers in the magnificent Shiva Temple situated at the banks of river Ganga. He was anxious as he proceeded with his day worshipping Lord Shiva. He prayed the lord to guide him the right way as he rushed to meet his father and his friend, Uday. He sighed as he remembered his heated interaction with his father and his best friend few days ago.

The king of Shivgarh Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput and commander-in-chief, Uday Singh Chauhan were waiting for the prince in the official chamber of the palace anxiously when Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput entered and paid his regards to both of them.

“What is the matter, Veer?”, the king questioned with worry in his voice and creases of confusion on his forehead. The king was seated on the upholstered royal chair and seemed to be very apprehensive about his son who was blinded with the vows of revenge against a battle.

Veerbhadra sighed as he looked towards Uday who was sitting on a royal upholstered chair on the other side of the table looking at him confusingly.

“I met the queen yesterday”, Veerbhadra said but before he could continue any further, his father roared gritting his teeth, “Why?”, glaring at the prince.

Veerbhadra gestured the king to keep quiet and listen to him. Taking a seat on one of the opulent royal chairs, the prince said, “I met her because I wanted to but she told something which will leave you shocked”.

Veerbhadra narrated the death of the then queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Manjughosha Devi leaving both the king and commander-in-chief of the army appalled. The shock and confusion was written all over on their faces which helped Veerbhadra to conclude that Rajputana army was indeed, innocent.

“Is it true, Veer?”, the king questioned his son with agony and shame on his face. The Rajput ruler could not believe that some people could stoop so low that they not only attacked the queen and innocent people of Vijaygarh but also framed Rajputana army for the crime.

Veerbhadra just nodded looking inquisitively at Uday Singh Chauhan, his best friend and commander-in-chief of the Rajputana army.
Taking the cue to speak, Uday spoke, “Rajputana army can never do that. My father was in my position then, you can question him, Your Highness! But Rajputana army can never stoop so low”.

Veerbhadra nodded as he said, “Father, do you remember, grandfather was friends with Ajeet Singh Rathore?” to which the king nodded in affirmation still confused at his son’s thoughts.

“Through my sources, I know that the queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore banished her uncle and his family because her uncle did not help in the war. This is the rumor amongst the locals there which is true. I confirmed with my sources.” Veerbhadra said calmly while his father looked at him in confusion.

Uday smiled looking at his friend as he realized the prince was actually caring for the queen, giving her the much needed respect. He mentally prayed that the prince should not hurt the queen and her reputation as somewhere, he knew the flames of queen’s anger would burn the prince in his own fire of revenge. An involuntary smile crept on his face when Uday realized the prince had genuine feelings for the queen of Vijaygarh.

“Ajeet Singh Rathore was an ally of grandfather who helped us in the battle”, Veerbhadra said looking in his father’s eyes. Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput trembled in anger as he connected the dots.

“Could it be that he is behind everything?”, the king questioned with anger in his bloodshot red eyes. “I was disgusted at his greed towards the throne but you see, your grandfather admired him and his shrewd nature”, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput said. Being a soft-hearted person and a man of good morals, he believed in peace and righteousness. He did not appreciate his father’s decision of waging a war against Vijaygarh five years ago but being not in power, he had been helpless at that time.

Glaring at his father, the prince roared, “Don’t you dare say anything about my grandfather, the best king of Shivgarh, Maharaja Mahendra Singh Rajput”, while the wise king avoided the remark because he knew they had to focus on the ongoing important decision instead of unwanted arguments.

Veerbhadra looked into the eyes of his friend as he commanded, “Now, Uday you will have to find out everything. I don’t know who killed the queen and frankly, I don’t even care but I want to slit the throat of the one who has framed Shivgarh and Rajputana army for everything.”

Uday Singh Chauhan could comprehend the authoritative tone of the prince that meant the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was dead serious. He nodded as he said, “Your Highness! I will find the real culprit myself and reveal the truth. No one has the right to insult the Rajputana army or frame them for any wrong deed.”

Uday stood up and bowed down in respect paying his regards to the king and the prince as he took strides to leave the room but was startled when someone patted on his right shoulder.

Uday turned around realizing the familiar touch of his friend, Veer when the prince said, “Uday, you are my best friend. I trust you the most. This is why I am asking you to do this”.

Hugging his friend, Veerbhadra tried one last time to mend things with his friend. Musturing enough courage, Veerbhadra said, “I am sorry for my incorrigible behavior, my friend. Please forgive me.”

Uday melted down as he hugged back his friend, Veer and said, “I am sorry too”.

Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput smiled admiring the reunion of the childhood friends as he mentally cursed the real culprit who attacked the innocent people of Vijaygarh and killed the queen.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone.  

Here's the new chapter of the story.😘😘😘😘

Please enjoy the update and shower your love on this story with your valuable votes and lovely comments 💚💛💚💛💚💛

How's the chapter?

Have a good day and please hit the 🌟 button, pretty please 😃😃😃😃

Love you all
💜