Chapter 73

“Veer, I never expected this from you”, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput roared at his son who had hung his head in shame. The king who was standing in the meeting chambers of the royal palace of Shivgarh was greeted with unfathomable silence which irked him more.

The commander-in-chief of the Rajputana army, Uday Singh Chauhan had mixed expressions on his face just like the abstract painting painted on the yellow walls of the royal chambers. He did not know how to react. On the one hand, he was elated that the righteous queen of Vijaygarh could see the real face of his friend while on the other hand, he was concerned that the fire of her anger would decimate his friend into ashes. He knew that the queen’s anger was justified as no woman deserves to be cheated the way Veer had planned for her but being a Rajput, Uday was also aware of his duties and responsibilities towards Shivgarh, which meant, he had to abide by the decision of Shivgarh at all costs.

The king’s anger knew no bounds. Agitatedly, he walked towards his son and held his shoulders forcefully. Shaking him to the core, the old king hollered, “What have you done, Veer? You just made a mockery of me, our kingdom and our Rajputana pride. All were laughing at us.”

The prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput took a deep breath and spoke for the first time, “I had planned everything so meticulously and I was sure that I would successfully usurp the throne of Vijaygarh. I was just a step away from avenging my grandfather’s death but I don’t know, what is this and how did she get to know about all this?”

“Our women are our pride, our honor, my son and you tried to degrade a woman’s chastity. We had always taught you to respect women. Why?” the old king shouted at his son looking at him with disgust in his eyes.

“She killed my grandfather”, Veer mumbled with shame in his eyes. He was still not ashamed of his deeds but he was shameful because he was mocked upon in the royal court.

“Your grandfather was my father too. I too miss him but I have accepted that he was killed in a war wherein, her brother was killed too. The death of your grandfather is not a valid excuse that gives you permission to ruin a girl’s life. I had warned you against this revenge agenda and now because of you, I and my people will have to suffer.” The old king thundered like a lightning in a cloudy sky.

“I am damn sure, my spy double-crossed me”, the prince mumbled while Uday just wondered why he was called upon in the meeting chambers at the first place. He knew about the contents of the letter and he was expecting the old king to command him to make preparations for the war, after all, the clandestine letter had shattered the Rajputana pride into million pieces.

“Tell me everything in detail”, the old king commanded and the prince began narrating all his misdeeds leaving both Uday and the king astounded.

“I had never expected that my son would stoop so low. I regret my upbringing, and my blood.” The old king spoke with regret laced in his voice. He stumbled on one of the upholstered chairs in the royal chambers as he continuously cursed himself for not stopping his son who was at the verge of spoiling a girl’s life.

Recollecting himself, the old king recovered from the shock and ordered, “I wish if she had not demanded my throne, I would have banished you and sent you at Vijaygarh on her mercy but unfortunately, I cannot let my people suffer because of a scoundrel like you.”

Looking at the commander-in-chief of the Rajputana army, the king commanded, “Uday Singh Chauhan, you are bound to prepare for the war. Motivate the soldiers and ensure the legendary Rajputana pride is saved from being ruined.”

Uday nodded in affirmation and spoke, “Your highness, your demand is my command. We will ensure the safety of our people and protect our Rajputana pride till our last breath.”

The old king left the chambers angrily leaving Uday and Veer alone. Being a true friend, Uday went near the prince and initiated a conversation, “Veer, I had warned you earlier that the queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore is fire who can decimate you into ashes. Now see, she insulted you in your own royal court.”

“I had never expected this. You know we used to meet in the forest, spend time with each other, carry on with our hunting expeditions and enjoy each other’s company. She used to debate over the political affairs till she proved her point and I used to admire her persona. She is indeed, a mighty and strong-willed girl, I have ever met. I admired her to the extent that I would have wilfully married her if she wasn’t my enemy.” The prince of Shivgarh who was anxious, astounded and frustrated blabbered without realizing the fact that he confessed his real feelings for the queen in front of his friend.

A sardonic smile crept on his lips, as Uday realized the dilemma of his friend. He whispered, “Do you deserve her, Yuvraj?”

“She is indeed, a beautiful girl with a kind heart. She saved me from the so-called dacoits. Like an eminent ruler, she forwarded the hand of friendship. She is an expert when it came to politics and diplomacy. Her swordsmanship skills and strength are truly commendable. I was over the moon when I realized that she successfully avenged her mother’s death. I wished she hadn’t killed my grandfather for once.” Veer blabbered like a kid as he hid his face in his palms. He was trying to hide his broken self.

Uday caressed his friend’s shoulder affectionately and said, “The day you realized your love for her, Veer, you should have stepped back. Why were you after this revenge thing, Veer? It was a war and all of us lost our loved ones in that ominous battle.”

“I had fallen for her, my enemy and I regret it even today. Look now, what she did?” Veer complained and Uday chuckled, “Just look at yourself and realize what you were going to do, Veer? She is a girl who is breaking all the stereotypes and I am glad that you couldn’t succeed in your guileful plans.”

When Veer glared his friend, Uday chided him, “Did you ever think about the implications of your deeds? You know she was able to inherit her father’s throne breaking all the norms and if you would have succeeded, so many princesses and queens out there would have been suppressed to follow their duties.”

Taking a deep breath, the prince pondered for a while and spoke, carefully choosing his words, “Uday, I made a mistake but I was never successful in my plans. On the other hand, she played her cards really well and today, I am standing like a culprit in my own kingdom. My father who was proud of me is calling me a scoundrel. The ministers who respected even my shadow are mocking at me.”

“So, how are you going to clear the mess you created?” Uday questioned his friend.

“I need to prove my worth to my people, my kingdom and my father. I want my lost respect back.” The prince shrieked in agony.

“Veer, I am warning you. Beware, your anger would mess up things brutally. I guess, you should apologize the mighty queen for your deeds.” Uday spoke his mind only to receive wrath from the prince.

Agitated at the idea of apologizing and making a mockery of himself, the prince roared, “Uday, I need respect from my people”. He closed his eyes in anger.

“War, is it?” Uday asked once again.

“Yes”, the prince nodded and ordered him to make preparations for the war.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

How are you? 🤔

Sorry for the delay.

How's the chapter?🤔

So, war is inevitable. 😅

The thing is, Veer is being ridiculed wonderfully in the royal court 😉 but he needs more 😅😅

Hindi me bola jaye toh,

Abhi itni hi beizzati hui hai, Veer ki par abhi uska pet nahi bhara hai 😆😆😆😆
Thori or beizzati chahiye usko 😉 😉

See you soon, peeps!! 😘

Love you all
💜