Chapter 89

An emotional chapter ahead!

♥️♥️♥️

“Let’s have a race today, honorable lady”, Uday chortled admiring the smile adorning Nandini’s face. He was loving the glow on her cheeks and gleam of positivity in big, beautiful, dark brown eyes. He respected the old king’s generosity who had accepted Nandini as his daughter and ensured she had a smile on her face.

“How many times I have told you that you should call me by my name?” Nandini spoke faking anger as her hands rested on her waist. She was standing before him for her horse-riding lessons.

Uday smiled at her innocence. He wondered how much he craved to call her by her name and endearments but at the same time, he knew he was not authorized to do any such thing. He confessed, “You are a royal and it is not appropriate for me to do so”, remembering his loyalty towards the kingdom of Vijaygarh.

A tinge of disappointment replaced her optimistic smile as Nandini realized the disparity between Uday and herself. Mentally cursing Vikrant for marrying her and ruining her life by transforming her from a bubbly tribal girl to a royal widow, she maintained a stoic expression masking her emotions. The royal etiquettes had certainly taught her well about how to hide her feelings.

“You are my teacher and a teacher is equal to God so you should call me by my name”, whined Nandini keeping a steady smile on her face while her heart bled realizing that Uday was indeed, a forbidden fruit for her.

She cursed her father for marrying her off to the alcoholic rogue, Vikrant and spoiling her life. Despite, she was happily living her dreams, yet the title of a royal widow forbade her to do many things and befriending Uday was on the top of the list. She wanted Uday to talk with her freely on first-name basis since a month and she hated him for maintaining the dignity of her so-called royalty.

Uday instructed her, “Take your position, honorable lady and let’s have a race. This is your final test.”

She was annoyed. Stomping her foot, she walked towards her horse following Uday. She shouted at him, “I want to learn swordsmanship skills and self-defense.”

“I will request Siddharth Pratap Singh to tutor you. He is certainly the best.” Uday simpered as he uttered these words realizing he would love to teach her the tricks of sword-fighting. His heart ached for once when he realized Nandini was a forbidden fruit because she was a member of the royal family for whom he was working. He urged to protect her from all the adversities and keep her happy but at the same time, he was aware of his non-royal status too which forbade him to get attached to her.

Huffing in anger, Nandini sat on her horse and grumbled, “Are you so occupied that you cannot teach me?” pouting at him.

Uday saw her dull eyes and cursed himself for being the reason. Keeping aside his thoughts of maintaining distance because of the disparity in their status, Uday nodded. With a forlorn smile, he responded, “Your wish is my command, honorable lady. I will teach you.”

The round, dusky yet beautiful face of Nandini gleamed with happiness and excitement after all, she could meet Uday and cherish some happy moments with him for some more time. Uday too, had a genuine smile on his face. “Come on, try and defeat me”, Uday encouraged Nandini as he pulled the harness of his horse and a loud neigh echoed in the practice ground.

Nandini followed his suit as both of them rode on their horses in the practice ground giggling and enjoying their company oblivious to the fact that someone was looking at them with myriads of thoughts.

Uday was delighted to see Nandini happy. He gradually reduced his speed on the circular race track on the practice ground while Nandini chuckled as she crossed him. Despite, her brain suggested her to maintain distance with Uday and control her feelings around him, yet for once, her heart decided to live in the moment.

She chortled, “I have defeated you”, as she jumped off her horse and gave him a victorious smile despite, she knew Uday had purposely let her win. Not that she was incompetent, but she was definitely immature in front of her experienced trainer, Uday Singh Chauhan whose muscular body and chiseled biceps attracted her the most.

Clad in a white blouse and a matching silk skirt, she was loving the soft breeze blowing in the air. After a hectic day in the royal court, she found solace amongst the setting sun and chirping birds. Despite, she had secured her kingdom from the evil eyes and won the hearts of her people, the joy and satisfaction was missing in her life.

The golden rays of the setting sun was falling on her beautiful face adding to her natural glow. Her mind was clouded with the thoughts of the prince of Shivgarh who showed no improvement despite, all the treatments. In the overhanging balcony of her bed chambers stood the queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore and the lines of worry on her forehead disappeared looking at two lovely people enjoying their lives.

The little girl inside Aparajita was elated to see Nandini and Uday forming new bonds. She was indeed, happy to see Nandini joyful and lively. She wondered what destiny had in store for the two innocent beings who were getting attracted to each other. She wanted Nandini to enjoy all the things in her life even if it was romance.

She knew that her thoughts were revolutionary and outrageous as per the norms of Kshatriya society, yet she promised herself to stand by the side of Nandini as well as Uday and support them in their decision if such situation would arise ever.

Her thoughts drifting to the heart of the forest, a place that held a special place in her heart. A smile crept on her plump lips as she reminisced the time spent with Veer in the forest.

“He was too good to be true”, she mumbled to herself and wiped the tears from the corner of her eye. Her heart urged to see the prince again and the queen rushed to the chambers of the royal physician where Veer was getting treated. Nodding to all the royal guards who bowed in front of her, the mighty queen of Vijaygarh sprinted towards the chambers of Veer after all, she was slave of her emotions.

Her heart ached to see sick prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput lying lifelessly on the cot. The prince who once looked handsome in his prim and proper attire had wrinkles on his face along with overgrown beard. Due to immense weakness in his body, his skin had turned pale and his muscular biceps were reduced to bones.

The queen walked upto him and sat beside him. Caressing his forehead, she spoke, “Veer, get up and it is me here”.

Aparajita ran her long fingers on his pale face memorizing all the ridges and furrows of his face. “Veer, please get well soon. We all are waiting to talk to you.” She whispered in his left ear.

“Don’t do injustice to your parents, Veer. They don’t deserve this.” She murmured scooting closer to his body.

“Your friend Uday has lot much to share with you”, she muttered playfully as a small giggle escaped from her lips. She wondered if Uday would share his feelings about Nandini with Veer or not.

“And I am dying to have a heartfelt conversation with you, Veer”, she spoke softly as blush crept on her face and a coy smile adorned her lips.

Unfortunately, her words were left unanswered just like everyday adding to her disappointment. Aparajita had immense patience as she talked with Veer daily hoping to get a reply one day and that hope, had helped her to keep her guilt away. She cried every night blaming herself for Veer’s condition and prayed for his recovery on early mornings in the royal temple of Goddess Durga.

Remembering the giggles of Nandini and Uday, her plump lips involuntarily traveled to Veer’s forehead and unknowingly she planted a soft, delicate kiss on his broad forehead leaving her mortified in shame and shyness. She looked around and let out her breath upon realizing that no one witnessed her bold act. A shy smile crept on her lips as she touched them and cherished his warmth.

She hesitated to place her head on his broad chest. She found comfort when she heard his heartbeats. After spending some time alone with Veer, she was able to calm her turbulent self. Graciously, she left his bed chambers praying for his recovery.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

Hopefully you all are doing well!

Do take care and stay safe 🧡

I will be back soon, till then shower love on this story and please, VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE the story 💕💕💕

Veer will be fine probably in Chapter 91 or 92! 🤩🤩🤩🤩

Really saddened for Aparajita 🙁

I hope Nandini and Uday will come out of their turmoil soon 😉

Please take care ❤❤❤

Love you all
💜