Chapter 74

“Jai Ma Durga”, the soldiers hailed Goddess Durga devotionally with immense enthusiasm in their voice and tremendous patriotism in their hearts. The mighty queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore had visited the auspicious temple of Goddess Durga in Shatakshigiri to attain blessings of the Almighty for the welfare of the kingdom.

“Our sources have found that our neighbouring kingdom Shivgarh is planning an attack on our kingdom. We will fight courageously and protect our people and our homeland.” Avdhesh Singh Ranawat, the chief-commander of the royal army of Vijaygarh addressed all the soldiers who were ready to do anything for their queen and their motherland.

Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore, the old king of Vijaygarh blessed the army. Wishing for the welfare of his kingdom and his daughter, he smiled satisfactorily admiring the fact that his daughter had captured the hearts of her people and earned respect from her subordinates.

Clad in a bright red warrior-dress and a shiny metallic armor, the mighty queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was indeed, looking like an incarnation of Goddess Durga. With an expressionless face and enraged eyes, the courageous queen addressed the army and discussed the strategy of combating the attack. As soon as the discussion ended, the thunders of conch shells and trumpets echoed marking the arrival of the enemy.

Within minutes, both the valiant armies of Shivgarh and Vijaygarh were once again standing face-to-face ready to face another battle after five years. The wounds of the bloody battle that was fought five years ago were indeed, etched in the hearts of everyone. The new battle was truly rubbing salt on the old wounds but the valiant soldiers were ready to sacrifice their lives to protect their motherland.

The fourfold army of Vijaygarh comprising the state-of-the-art chariots, huge elephants, valiant soldiers of both cavalry and infantry regiments had an edge over the fourfold army of Shivgarh. The foresightedness of the queen that favored the fortification of the kingdom was indeed, a blessing for the valiant army.

While the cavalry regiment of the Vijaygarh army comprising thousands of soldiers were positioned on the top of the tri-layered scarp, the infantry regiment along with huge elephants and a plethora of chariots had positioned themselves on the battleground. Instead of sitting on a magnificent chariot and instructing the army, the mighty queen of Vijaygarh was sitting on her shiny black horse, Shera, on the front leading the army.

The Rajputana army of Shivgarh was, at once, demotivated to see the huge army of Vijaygarh divided into two parts, one on the ground while the other on the scarp but the promise to save their motherland gave them strength. With an aim to minimize the casualties, the Rajputana soldiers scattered themselves on the ground just like the stars in the sky.

The Rajputana army was led by their efficient commander-in-chief Uday Singh Chauhan while the old king as well as the prince were positioned at the back on their colossal chariots to instruct their army and take action under grave circumstances.

As soon as Uday Singh Chauhan commanded his soldiers to attack the opponent, the Rajputana army aimed a fleet of arrows at the cavalry regiment while royal army of Vijaygarh countered the attack by aiming another fleet of arrows marking the beginning of another ominous battle.

Soon the soldiers of Shivgarh were swarming forward like a plague of rapacious locusts only to be hit by the blizzard of arrows, that was buzzing and hissing in the rayless sky, and meet their death on the way. The clanking of the swords echoed in the battlefield that was stained with brazier-red blood.

The mighty queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was distinctly visible in the battlefield. Instead of staying behind and instructing the royal army, the courageous queen was galloping on her shiny black pet horse, Shera. With vows to protect her soldiers, she was clanking her cold, sharp sword on enemy, killing numerous soldiers on her way. No wonders, her bravery was praised and admired by the powerful king of Shivgarh, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput himself.

To quench the insatiable thirst of blood, thousands of soldiers were killing each other under the benighted sky. The horror of death was terrifying each and every particle in the atmosphere but the courageous soldiers were pumped up with adrenaline. Ready to kill their enemy, the cold hands of the mighty soldiers were clanking the cold, metal swords and spears.

Ear-piercing screams and bowel-loosening whimpers of severely injured soldiers reverberated in the battlefield. The terrible stench of slimy intestines, titian-red blood and amputated body parts had engulfed the combat zone. The king of Shivgarh was terrified at the drastic destruction of his humongous army. He was cursing his son for the loss of lives of his precious soldiers.

Though the experienced king admired the courage of the queen and impeccable strategies of his opponents, he could not afford to lose the war because it was a matter of the lives of his people. He knew his son had made a grave mistake and the queen was indeed, enraged but at the same time, being a Rajput, he could not afford a blot on the pride of his Rajputana dynasty. The old and experienced king deduced that the Rajputana army of Shivgarh was demotivated and their enthusiasm was shattered into a million pieces at the end of the day after witnessing humongous destruction.

At the end of the first day of terrifying battle, the old king of Shivgarh, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput along with the revered prince, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput and commander-in-chief of Rajputana army, addressed the disheartened soldiers and motivated them to fight and win the battle for the sake of their own people in their homeland.

On the other hand, the mighty queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore had retired in her camp after boosting up the morale of her courageous soldiers during dinner. With tears in her eyes, she was regretting her naivety because of which she had trusted the guileful prince of Shivgarh at the first place. She was ashamed of herself after all, she was the reason of the deaths of a plethora of zealous soldiers who had sacrificed their lives for the sake of their homelands.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

So, finally we have a face off battle of the queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore and the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput. 🤩

The day I began writing this book, I was waiting to write this sequence. 😅

Sneak peak of the coming chapter,

Veer and Aparajita are actually in face-to-face moment!!! 😉

How's this battle scene by the way? 🤔

Hope, I didn't make it boring! 😉

If you liked it, please drop in your views and hit the 🌟 button.

I will be back soon!!!! 😍

Love you all
💜