19 | the end

19 |  THE END

Their faith in Rey had been worth it, she had killed Palpatine and thus ended the Sith

Their faith in Rey had been worth it, she had killed Palpatine and thus ended the Sith. Along with it, the First Order. Kylo had fallen in the battle against the Sith, by Rey's side. He had a change of heart and did some good in his final moments, which seemed to have redeemed him.

When they landed back at the Resistance base, Poe and Celestia wasted no time to run into each other's arms. Poe picked her up by the waist and spun her around, embracing her tightly. She clutched onto his neck and cheered, excitedly. "We did it, Dameron!" She exclaimed.

He set her back down on her feet and quickly grabbed her face to plant a happy kiss upon her lips. She smiled into the kiss. When they parted, she smiled at him and said, "remind me to never doubt you again."

Her words entered one ear and out the other. This was the perfect moment. A moment he'd been holding onto a long time, and while she spoke, all he could think about was whether to do it at that moment or not. A surge of confidence engulfed him as he scanned her smiling face at him. "I love you, Cel."

"I love you, too, Poe." She scrunched her nose in an adorable manner.

He let go of her face and held her hands. "Marry me?"

Her smile dropped. Not because she didn't want to, because she was in shock. There was too much going on. But, she had known her answer for a very long time by then, though she did take a moment to reply, which made Poe's heart tighten just a little bit. Carefully, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a little ring. It wasn't anything special, just a silver ring. But, he had been holding onto it for a while. He had been waiting. Waiting for her. Waiting when he could make her feel special. She gasped quietly as she looked down at the ring. "Of course," she shook her head at him, her face still one of shock, "yes! Yes! Yes!" She reached out her hand for him to place the ring on her finger.

Once he did so, she leaped into his arms and squealed excitedly, her shock transitioning into unbearable happiness. "I'll be with you, until the end of time."

THE END.