7 | rebellion

7 | REBELLION

The First Order soon came in range of the Resistance ship, once again, and began attacking them

The First Order soon came in range of the Resistance ship, once again, and began attacking them. The shields were down and the medical unit was out of fuel. They were on their last limb and Holdo seemed to be doing nothing about it. Celestia was only in the command center by Holdo's side because she was a commander, but, she had banned Poe from the bridge. "The last of our crew has been evacuated and heading your way! It's been an honor, admiral. Godspeed, Rebels!" A pilot Holdo sent out to swat away the First Order fighters was communicating with them as he was about to die a noble death. His communications cut off, signaling his ship and his life had reached its end.

Holdo seemed to be in despair. "Fuel reserve's at six hours." One of the commanders notified Holdo.

"Maintain our current course." Holdo instructed.

Celestia shot her a worried look, they were nearly done for and she wanted to continue her plan that was obviously not working. She prayed for Finn and Rose to hurry up and destroy the First Order's tracker. 

Celestia stood at the doorway to the bridge, her head resting on the door frame as she fumbled with her fingers, anxiously awaiting their fate. She heard quick steps fast approaching the command center from behind and she whipped her head around to see Poe storming in. "Here to make a scene?"

"Yep." He brushed past her to go scold Holdo for her terrible command. "Holdo?!"

"Flyboy." She rolled her eyes at him.

"Cut it, lady! We had a fleet now were down to one ship, and you've told us nothing! Tell us that we have a plan! That there's hope!" He begged of her to do the minimum as she held Leia's title, temporarily.

"When I served under Leia, she would say, hope is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you can see it—" Holdo began to quote their leader that was current incapacitated.

"You'll never make it through the night." Poe finished the quote for her, interrupting her as he had known the quote as well. His shoulders relaxed and he was no longer as tense. His voice had quieted as well as he thought of Leia and how she would think of him acting out in such a way.

"Yes." Holdo sighed.

A low beeping could be heard from one of the many screens in the room. Poe's eyes flickered over to the screen and saw that it was showing transport ships being fueled. His demeanor reverted to his tense state once again. "Are you fueling up the transports?" He asked, his voice low and suspicious.

Holdo held her breath, knowing he didn't like her plan at all. That's why she hadn't revealed it to him or most people, at that. "You are... all of them?" Poe pressed for answers.

"Poe—" Celestia took a step forward, trying to calm him before he exploded on the Admiral and got himself demoted, once more.

"You stay out of this!" He pointed an angry finger over at Cel. She gasped quietly at his outburst and took an embarrassed step back. "We're abandoning ship? That's what you got? That's what you brought us to?!" He shouted and began to rage. He kicked the crates of supplies and threw a chair aside out of pure disappointment and rage. He wanted to win. He wanted to defeat the First Order so badly, he could not accept such a grand defeat for the Resistance. And he seemed to have loose control over his temper as he allowed himself to act in such a way before so many people.