15 | the help

15 | THE HELP

"They're not following us

"They're not following us... why aren't they following us?!" Celestia spoke frantically as she switched seats with Poe.

"I don't know, but I'm not trusting it," Poe replied as he reached over to press a couple of buttons on the side Celestia was sitting on.

Chewie walked into the cockpit to inform the two that the landing gear was busted. "Landing gear's busted? How busted?" Poe asked Chewie.

Chewie groaned a concerning response. "Sounds pretty busted."

* * *

Just as Chewie forewarned, the landing gear didn't deploy and a crash landing was how they managed to land on the moon where the wayfinder would be located. The skies were cloudy and the air was quite windy. They exited the ship and walked up to the edge of a cliff that overlooked the raging sea on the moon. An enormous structure bulged out of the sea, what was once a feared weapon of destruction was now spare parts amidst violent waves. "What is that?" D-O chirped, Celestia still wasn't quite used to his presence since he had just joined them. She thought the group was getting to be too large for a mission meant to be so lowkey.

"The Death Star, a bad place from an old war," Rey replied, her eyes glued to the retired weapon.

"The war never ended, it just rebranded itself," Celestia commented as she took a few steps closer to the edge of the cliff.

"It's gonna take us years to find what we're looking for." Poe groaned as he analyzed the massive wreck.

Cel watched as Rey pulled out the dagger she stole back from the First Order. The intricate design of the weapon seemed to have a special meaning as Rey held it up to analyze. Her fingers grazed its edges until it landed on a discontinuity on the blade. She tugged on it and out came a device that could measure exactly where the wayfinder would be. Rey held it up against the backdrop of the death star and followed the numbers Threepio recounted to them to find the exact point where the wayfinder would be.

Before they could proceed, loud thumps of hooves came marching into from behind them. Everyone shot their heads around to see who was coming toward them. "Heads up." Poe warned everyone and pointed his blaster toward the incoming locals. It was a group of tall, sturdy men and women on beasts that seemed native to the land.

"Rough landing." The leader, a woman, mentioned starkly to the group.

"I've seen worse." Poe was rigid in his stance, on high alert in case these people would turn out to be their enemies.

"I've seen better." The woman snapped. "Are you Resistance?"

"That depends whether you are or not." Celestia furrowed her brows, trying to read if they were friendlies or not.

"We picked up a transmission from someone named Babu Frik. He said you'd come.  He said you were the last hope." The woman spoke.

Celestia felt relieved and placed her hand on Poe's arm so he'd lower his weapon. "We need to get to that wreck. There's something inside that could change the course of this entire war." Celestia pointed at the death star.

The woman nodded. "I can take you there by water."

Finn snorted. "Have you seen the water?" The thrashing hundred feet waves were quite the sight to see in the ominous environment.

"Not now. Too dangerous. We can go first light tomorrow." The woman assured the group.

"We don't have until tomorrow. For all we know the First Order is on their way right now to kill us." Celestia shook her head.

"Let's get that ship fixed then, you have any spare parts?" Poe asked the leader.

"Some. I'm Jannah."

"I'm Poe."

* * *

Celestia and Poe prodded at the old Millenium Falcon, trying their best to not get electrocuted as they tore and replaced wires to fix the landing gear of the ship and whatever else damage the crash landing incurred. "Jannah come back with that O-6 part yet?" Cel asked, her voice muffled as she held a tool in her mouth as she worked.

"Not yet." Poe shook his head.

Soon enough, more issues arose as BB-8 came rolling in chirping wildly about how Rey was missing. Poe and Celestia dropped everything they were doing and rushed outside of the Falcon to see if Rey was in trouble. On the way out, the others joined them--Finn was the only one bright enough to bring binoculars. Finn peeked through the binoculars to see Rey riding a skimmer over the rugged waves. It was a risky act, the skimmer wasn't built for open water. One bad move and she would be drowning in the middle of the violent waters. "Holy shit." Celestia placed her hands on her hips as she watched the skimmer struggle to cross the sea.

"What the hell is she thinking?!" Poe shouted through gritted teeth, pissed that she'd risk her life like that.

"Poe, we gotta go after her." Finn fretted.

"We'll get the Falcon fixed and get out there as fast as we can."

"No, we're gonna lose her!"

"She left us! What do you wanna do? Swim?"

Poe began stomping off back to the Falcon, feeling helpless. Celestia followed Poe back to the ship, still shocked that Rey would do something so risky and courageous. She had only just met her since that mission started, and she was in complete awe at the things the girl did. Finn chased after Poe, too. "She's not herself. You have no idea what she's fighting!" Finn tried to defend the girl he was obviously so in love with.

Poe stopped in his tracks and turned around to point an angry finger in Finn's face. "And you do?!"

"Yes, I do." A lie. "And so does Leia."

Poe and Cel returned to the ship to do what they could to help. That way, the Falcon could be up and running in time for a needed escape or rescue if needed.