Chapter 5

Emani POV

I was on my way to the hospital wiping each tear as they fell. I didn't know where else to go I just took the keys and left. My phone was also on dnd because I didn't want Diareé calling my phone or anyone for that matter.

As soon as I got to the hospital I speed walked my way to my office and shut the door. I threw my bag down causing the papers on my desk to fly all over the place.

I wanted to go crazy and destroy everything in my office, but I knew how much I would have to clean. Then the door opened.

"Emaniiii!"

Why didn't I lock the door.

"Heyyy Diamond", I said quickly wiping my tears.

Her smiled faded when she saw my face and quickly closed my door and locked it.

"Omg, Mani are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I just watched a very sad movie with D", I lied.

"Mani"

I couldn't lie to Diamond, she's my bestfriend. We've been best friends since college. I was going to medical school and she was going to nursing school.

"I'm serious! Oh it was The Notebook", I say with my voice breaking.

She gave me a look and put her hands on my shoulders. "First of all stop it right there. You and D hate that movie. Emani if something is going on you can tell me"

I tried to hold it in but I couldn't. I bursted into tears.

"I think Di- Diareé cheated on me"

"Oh Emani", she said pulling me into a hug. "Are you sure he actually did it"

"I don't know. Hell, I don't want to know"

"Okay okay. You need to take a breath and think positively Emani."

"No I can't get my hopes up"

"You trust him don't you?"

I sighed, "I thought I did".

The more I thought about it the more I cried. I felt like a helpless baby.

"Emani we gotta pray. You need strength to get through what you and D are passing"

"Diamond I'm not in the mood"

"No come on hold my hand"

She grabbed my had and began to pray and I'm not going to lie my mind was on Diareé.

"... and I pray that Lord you strengthen Emani and see her through this struggle in Jesus name, amen"

She gave me a hug then her pager began to ring.

"I'm so sorry Emani it's my patient she - "

"Go I'll be fine", I said forcing a smile.

"Okay. I love you"

Then she left. Shutting the door, I slid down my door till I hit the ground and began to weep.

I was alone with my thoughts.