Saving Puplantis (Part 2)

"How's it going Zuma?" Marshall asked as he looks at the long wire attached to a harpoon. The object was shot through the sealed area of one of the satellites.

"The hawpoon is doing the job. I could use some help pulling it though." The Labrador replied, pulling the harpoon gun by it's body. "You're right. Sorry" The Dalmatian apologized.

Marshall swam behind Zuma and grabbed the harpoon gun on the base of it. With their strengths combined, they pulled the weapon, causing tension in the wire.

"Note to self: I got to wowkout mowe." Zuma spoke in a strained voice as they continue to pull.

After a few seconds of nothing happening, the secured hatch opened ever so slightly. "Yes!" The two exclaimed.

They did everything they can to open it. Slowly but surely, the hatch was unlatching. Water started to gush in the hole and the two smiled in triumph.

They waited for a few seconds but nothing was happening. "Wait, we did it, wight? Shouldn't it stop wowking by now?" Zuma asked in confusion. "Yeah, unless...it's waterproof even in the inside." Marshall explained, balling his paws into a fist in annoyance.

"Marshall! Zuma!" A voice called out. The two merpups turned their heads towards the barrier, seeing two other pups looking at them. "Claw out the bundle of wires inside the machine!" Chase yelled, giving instructions on what must be done.

The two swam back up towards the broken hatch. Peeking inside, they could see the wires. Marshall quickly put his paw inside and pulled the bundle, using his claws to sever it in half. "There." He shouted.

The barrier glowed once more which served as a sign of effectiveness, leaving only two satellites left. "Good job, you two." Chase waved at them.

Zuma just turned away from him, still hurt in the inside. Marshall, on the other hand, waved back with a gleeful smile. But the time for rest swiftly declined. "Oh, no!" Chase yelled. "This is bad." The father spoke in a deep voice.

A blue vertical grid made of what looks like laser beams emerged from the barrier.

"Yikes!" Marshall and Zuma both exclaimed. They swam away from the laser grids, not wanting to know what will happen if it touches them. "Don't worry, Chase. Nothing will happen if we just stay away from it." Marshall tried to put on a positive attitude.

Without any warning, the grid slowly moved towards the trapped city. "Uh...I spoke too soon. Help!" The spotted pup cried out as he and Zuma backed away some more.

"With the grid closing in on us, we can't do anything about the satellites, much less the barrier. But if we don't do anything..."

"We'we gonna die." Zuma spoke, finishing Marshall's thoughts like he predicted what the Dalmatian was thinking. They both gulped in worry. "C'mon, dude. We have to wegroup with the othews. They won't be able to do any damage like us. All we can do now is twy to suwvive." And with that, the two swam away, leaving Chase and his father.

"Let's go, Chase. The only chance in savings your friends is for us to destroy the remaining satellites." The father spoke, swimming away. Chase followed him but things has been going in his mind. He was full of doubt and he couldn't trust himself like he used to. The reason?

"What if I fail? I already hurt Zuma. What makes me think I won't make another mistake?" He questioned himself as they wandered.

"Over there!" The father Sheperd pointed out.

At the distance, the last two satellites were in view. Although far apart from each other, they could be easily seen by the eyes. With no plan of wasting time, the two rushed at the first machine they encountered.