Aang glided down from atop Appa, allowing the wind to catch under his arms and slow his fall, "But now that we have Appa back, there's nothing stopping us from telling the Earth King the truth. About the conspiracy and the war."

"See? Aang's with me!" Sokka shouted while throwing his arms around the young avatar's shoulder, cheesing hard for the girls that stood around him, "It's the whole reason we came here in the first place. We have to try."

"It's the whole reason you guys came here. I'll fight any battles that we come across along the way, but my mission has always been to finally face my father." Kai said while pulling her blade straps tighter around her shoulders. She'd long noticed the ships approaching them from across the water and now the others could hear the shouting and ruckus that ensued on board as well.

Sokka pointed them out, they all had to agree on a move and quick. Ultimately, the choice was left up to Katara, who dropped her hesitant expression like it'd barely been hanging on by a thread. Her brow stiffened like it always did when she readied herself for battle. She grabbed Appa by the fur on his ribs and hoisted herself up onto his saddleless back, "Let's fly!"

The crew soared over the rushing waters, leaving the ships far behind them. It wasn't long until they could see the palace and the towering walls that surrounded it. Kai marveled over the structure. She felt almost a sort of resentment toward the whole thing, more so than she ever did any part of the Fire Nation. But then again, she'd never actually stepped foot inside of Capitol City, let alone flown over it.

"We have to be careful." She said, harboring the dark thoughts she was having of forcing the earth below the palace to cave in all to herself, "Long Feng's probably warned the king that we're coming."

"Why's that? If you ask me, I think we're just gonna sail right in and — INCOMING!!" A boulder half the size of Appa narrowly missed the lot of them, and even more were headed their direction.

Appa dodged as many as he could, but Aang, Toph and Kai put in their fair share of work as well. Aang sliced one clean down the middle, allowing each half to fly past them. But they didn't slow down. Kai looked over the edge of the beast to see that the earth benders below weren't lacking in ammunition either.

"You guys do what you have to do to make it into the palace! I'll catch up!" Kai yelled through the winds that ripped and twisted around them. She stood on the tail end of the bison and free fell without a second thought to the ground below.

Sokka and Katara watched as she somersaulted midair, landing square in front of the first line of defense and sending a tsunami like wave of earth rippling across the ground, knocking back every guard in its path and forcing their ammo every which way across the palace grounds. Kai rode the wave out, catching up with her friends quickly.

The three earth benders continued blocking secondary attacks, shattering boulders into mere pebbles while Katara water-whipped countless guards. She could be heard muttering apologies and explanations to them all along the way.

The towering steps to the main building stood in front of them now, lined with hoards of personnel that they were sure Feng himself had sent to protect the place. Toph motioned in front of her and asked Kai, "Would you like to do the honors?"

She shrugged in response, "I've already had my fun with that wave, you go ahead."

Toph stomped her bare foot and every step flipped like a domino, sending the agents tumbling down the now sleek ramp. The ground below them lifted like a trap door and Kai and Aang worked together to glide them all up to the main floor.