Chapter 5

The next morning, I woke up early to Lauren's alarm going off. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I was still really tired. I got up and started getting ready and so did Lauren. I got changed into the outfit that I had picked out. I wore my dark blue high waisted jeans with my red check crop top and leather jacket. I then carefully did my make up. Once my make up looked good, I proceeded to straighten my hair. I wore my red bandanna in my hair. I finished getting ready at about the same time as Lauren. Lauren wore her pink hair loosely curled, which looked amazing. She wore leggings a light blue jumper and her black coat; she looked amazing. Once we were both ready, we left to meet Charlie and Leo.

"Remember to act surprised" Lauren kept reminding me the whole way there. When we arrived at the park, which was where we were meeting Charlie and Leo, they were still yet to arrive. We sat on a bench by the lake and watched the ducks swimming. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through my Instagram feed. I was about halfway down my feed when someone came and stood in front of me. I looked up to see Charlie and Leo.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying my hardest to sound confused.

"I am taking you on a double date" Charlie announced. With that he took my hand and led the way.

When we got to the cinema we had a look at what was on. There weren't really any good movies on.

"Ooh can we watch The Woman in Black: Angel of Death?" I asked excitedly. Everyone exchanged some weird looks.

"A horror?" Leo asked looking at me like I was crazy.

"I guess that's a no" I sighed.

"What about mockingjay?" Lauren asked. We all agreed then went to pay for our tickets. Charlie wouldn't let me pay for my ticket and insisted that he would pay for it. It really annoyed me because I hate it when people pay for stuff for me. However, I could see that he was just trying to be a gentleman. So, just this once, I let it slide. We bought food and drinks then went to watch the movie.

We were sat right at the back of the cinema in the premier seats. I sat down on the end next to Charlie. As the advertisements played, I put my head on Charlie's shoulder and cuddled with him. Charlie put his arm around me as the movie started playing. When Gale came on screen I started laughing.

"Lauren" I whispered while throwing a piece of popcorn at her face. "It's Gale." This was funny because Liam Hemsworth was her celebrity crush. She was obsessed with him. And honestly, I could see why. He his the definition of hot. She gave me a 'really?' look. I laughed then put my head back on Charlie's shoulder. Halfway through the movie, Charlie put his hand on my thigh. I winced because his hand touched my still sore scars.

"Sorry" he whispered gently.

"It's not you just I have a really sore bruise there" I lied. He wrapped his arm tight around me. I didn't ever want this moment to end.

When the movie ended, it was late. We decided to go and eat at Wetherspoons because it is cheap. We went and sat at a four table. Lauren sat next to me and Charlie and Leo sat at the opposite side of the table. I read through the menu trying to decide what to get. Eventually I decided on the ham and cheese panini.

"What exactly are you supposed to eat on first dates?" Lauren whispered to me.

"I don't know" I honestly replied she laughed then made her decision. Lauren and Leo went to order our food, which left just me and Charlie. For a second things were quite awkward, but then we just started talking and it wasn't.

"I was thinking, if you want, that maybe you could come and stay round mine tonight?" Charlie asked. "But only if you want to. It's fine if you don't. You don't have to. You can say" I cut him off with my laughter.