Chapter 26

Exams.
I hate exams. Sitting in a hot hall with over a hundred sweaty bodies is not fun. And the pressure of knowing that these tests determine the rest of your life. It's not fun.

And as it came to doing our GCSEs I was more stressed than I had ever been before. Especially considering that I'm not the best at remembering things.

But ultimately I knew I just needed to have faith in myself and trust that I could do it.

As I sat on the bus to get to school one bleak Wednesday, I found myself dreading school even more than usual. Today I had my maths exam, which I was dreading. Because I was top set I had to do a higher tier paper. This meant that it was going to be so much harder.

Lauren joined me on the bus. She looked fed up.
"I'm not ready for a maths exam!" she exclaimed. She yawned and rested her head back against the seat.
"Did you not sleep well?" I asked.
"No babba kept me up all night kicking and moving!" she frowned.
"How is little one?" I asked.
"Kicking strong!" she laughed.

When we got to school we went to meet Charlie, Leo, Nadine and Imogen at the gates. Charlie greeted me with a hug and a quick kiss. He hadn't yet told the others about leaving but they wouldn't be as affected by it as me.
"So? Am I a good fairy godmother?" I asked Nadine.
"Maybe," she shrugged.
"Details!" Lauren squealed.
"We've been talking and we're going on a date," she casually replied.
"Stop acting cool. You know you want to squeal with excitement!" I laughed.

At break one we all sat up at the top of the field. I sat with my head rested on Charlie's shoulder. Lottie, Caitlin, Penny and Zoe came and sat down with us.
"Zoe and Kyle are going on a date!" Penny blurted as soon as they sat down.
"So much for me announcing the news," Zoe giggled.
"This is great!" Lauren exclaimed. "We can go on double double dates!"
"That sounds like more of a social gathering!" I laughed.

We were all just chatting and laughing when Queen Bitch, Kayla and Connie came walking.
"Still haven't seen Kira for the skank she is?" May asked Charlie. I looked at him and gave him a look as if to say 'leave it'.
"What do you want?" Nadine sighed.
"Just a friendly reminder," Kayla smirked.
"Only sluts get pregnant at 16," Connie sniggered.
"What did you just call me?" Lauren asked while taking deep breaths.
"You're a slut. But at least you ain't a fugly wannabe like the rest of your friends!" May laughed. I was so angry I didn't even think about what I was doing. I stood up and went to hit May but Charlie grabbed my arms.
"Fucking ugly bitch!" I screamed at her.
"Kira leave it!" Zoe exclaimed.
"They're not worth it," Lottie told me.
"Says the girl who makes even the fat boys run away and they never run!" Kayla laughed.
"Okay I'm going to kill a bitch!" Nadine shouted. We all broke into shouting and were having to be held back. May, Kayla and Connie just stood there laughing.
"What's going on over here?" Mr Morgan shouted.
"Nothing," I answered while Charlie let go off me.
"See you around," Connie smiled before they all walked away.

After break we had our maths exam. I sat in the hall on a tiny desk and stared at my paper. I tried to work through it slowly and focused on getting the answers right. It was slightly easier than I thought it was going to be. However, it was still really difficult.

At the end of the day I stood with Zoe at the gates while I waited for Charlie.
"Kira! Zoe!" I heard a voice shout from behind. I turned to see Ryan. He came and gave us both a hug. We had a quick chat before he left to meet Carina. We were stood laughing at some inside joke when Liam walked over.
"Hey Kira," he winked.
"Bye Liam," I replied. He continued to walk closer.
"You know I think we should hook up again," he smiled.
"I think I would rather die a slow and painful death," I responded.
"That's rude!" he exclaimed.
"Just go away!" Zoe shouted.
"This has nothing to do with you!" he replied.
"Go away Liam!" I shouted. "I have no feelings for you whatsoever other than disgust and anger. You had your chance but you chose to cheat on me with May. For ages I would have done anything to get you back! But now I realise that I was naive and stupid. All you care about is yourself and that will never change! So just leave and never bother me again!" He stood stuttering for a few moments before walking away.
"You told him!" Zoe exclaimed.

I walked home with Charlie. He held my hand and we laughed as we walked. When we got to Charlie's house we went up to his room to watch a movie.
"What do you want to watch?" he asked. I shrugged in response.
"You decide," I told him. He put on Transformers as we both love it.
"Do you know what's coming up?" I asked while looking up at him.
"How could I not know?" he laughed. "It's our 6 month anniversary,"
"What are we going to do?" I asked.
"I was thinking cinema, dinner then you stay here?" he asked.
"That sounds perfect!" I smiled.

A/N
I've updated again👏
Sorry for the terrible chapter😶
Please vote, comment and follow😘