Chapter 23

I was laying on the couch with my head laying on Ravels lap while she patted my head and my arm lay over my eyes. I'm exhausted. Though it was not the battle that made me exhausted. Not the sword fighting, not using my power, not even meeting the White Dragon Emperor. No what made me exhausted what the hour long scolding/yelling session by Rias and Sona. The whole time they were yelling I could feel years of my life slowly be drained from me as it seemed like it would never end. It went a little something like this:

 It went a little something like this:

And this:

Yeah not fun

Yeah not fun. I am very thankful I have a loving peerage and fiancé who is caring for me after that.

As for the rest of the battle and after results. Freed was struck down by Kiba and Xenovia together. Zoro and even Grievous praised the twos swordsmanship saying they both have come a long way. Valper was killed by Kokaibel after he reached a conclusion that he shouldn't have. Needless to say our religious friends nearly broke after hearing it. I knew it and the evidence Valper stated was correct. The combining of a holy and demonic sword, a natural born wielder of Durendal, and a devil possessing Deorum Fraser. According to the natural rules these all should be impossible, but after the war now all those rules are obsolete. Xenovia, Irina, and Yukie took the remaining fragments back to the church, however since Xenovia learned the truth she was promptly excommunicated, my guess would be to keep from spreading the truth to the rest of the church. Yukie is an angel and daughter of the sword saint so she's protected. Irina was unconscious during the ordeal so she doesn't even know. So as peerage did a great job protecting most of the school from Kokaibel's wrath. Rias and her peerage fought long and hard even before we arrived. I even have to give Issei some credit. He spent the entire battle boosting everyone's power with his own and he even made sure no harm came to his master. Now I was going to work on a promise I made someone.

I was back at my family's home in the underworld meeting with someone.

(Y/N): I'm glad you were able to stop by. Kuroka

That's right the mystery person I had been meeting with was Kuroka

That's right the mystery person I had been meeting with was Kuroka. Unlike the others of the Underworld community My family and I believe her. My father has met her former master and he was less than pleased with him. Though this caused many to harbor ill will towards those of her race my family gave many Nekoshous shelter here. They live normal lives in our community. Some even wanted to work for us, though they hide their neko parts when guests come over.

Kuroka: It does me good to see everyone again. I still cannot thank you enough nya~

(Y/N): It was nothing. We're glad to help everyone. Though your case is a bit more difficult.

Kuroka: I know. Where you able to talk to your aunt nya?

(Y/N): Yes, but she said the records were clean. Nothing there. The best solution was to go to the source. But-

Kuroka: That place is completely off limits to everyone except the Maous.

(Y/N): She'll try to get Uncle Ajuka's permission.

Kuroka: Still you've tried everything.

(Y/N): That's not enough. I made you a promise I'd help you.

Kuroka: Y/N-

(Y/N): You don't make a girl a promise if you know you can't keep it. I will keep my promise.

She just started giggling.

Kuroka: No wonder all those girls love you so much.

I blushes and rubbed e back of my head nervously.

Kuroka: It's why I love you too.

(Y/N): I know

Kuroka and I have been friends for some time. Everyone in my peerage knows her and also knows her feelings towards me. They've supported her the whole way, even Ravel when we convinced her of her innocence and asked her to not tell her family. Before the fight with Kokaibel she asked for something.

Le flashback

Kuroka: Please protect my little sister.

(Y/N): Of course.

She smiled and walked closer.

Kuroka: One more thing.

Before I could respond she planted her lip on mine. I didn't resist I closed my eyes and melted right into it.

Le present

Well the same was happening here. She kissed me and I happily returned it.

Kuroka: I better go before they suspect something. She'll be making her move soon.

(Y/N): We'll be ready.

She teleported away as I sighed.

Arcturus: Having no luck?

(Y/N): All I can do is wait.

Arcturus: you can certainly do that, but let me ask you something. How much do you love her?

(Y/N): Father?

Arcturus: No. how. Much. Do. You. Love. Her?

(Y/N): I love her just as I love the others. I'd give anything to protect her.

Arcturus: Then why wait? Who needs permission. If you truly care for her then nothing will stop you!

I was stunned. He was right. I shouldn't let anything get in the way of my love.

(Y/N): Then I'm going.

Arcturus: Alright lets get going!

(Y/N): "Let's"?

Arcturus: I'm going too. Let's make sure this loose end is settled. Also I wanna see you in action.

As embarrassing as that sounded it did bring me relief that he 'The Lightning King' was coming along.