Tsukishima Kei/Hinata Shouyo

Disclaimer: None of the characters belong to me, they belong to Haruichi Furudate.

Disclaimer: None of the pictures belong to me, the credit goes to the rightful owners.

Hello, everyone!!! Once again this fanfiction contains boy x boy, so if u don't like then don't read.

If you have no problem with that though, then please keep reading!!

---------------------------------------------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx---------------------------------------------------

Tsukishima Kei was a drummer. Not professionally, of course not. But he was good at it. He found his affinity for it when his brother had him practice on his drums because he kept drumming with random objects and that's when he started learning from his brother. It wasn't perfect, his brother wasn't a professional either but he was good and it meant everything to him.

Then his brother joined a band in his high school and he was so happy, kept saying it was hard but worth it. But it all turned out to be a lie. Not the whole thing no. But he got kicked off the band in his third year and yet kept lying and lying to him. After that Kei didn't know what to believe.

He felt like it was all fake, all a lie. What was the point of it all anyways? But he kept going. He had to, for his best friend, for the one who had been beside him through it all. He had let him down enough times, caused him enough worry.

He didn't think he would love playing ever again though. He loved listening to music, he always had a headphone slung around his neck for a reason, but playing it didn't appeal to him anymore.

All that though, changed when he met him. Or heard him would be more accurate, I suppose.

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

It had been accidental. Yamaguchi and Kei had been walking towards their allotted practice room when suddenly one of the rooms had opened and a male singing voice was heard. The song was nothing special, one of the many popular songs that were a hit at that time. But it was one of Kei's favorites, and all of a sudden he had stopped, overcome by the very emotion in the singer's voice.

Then the singing had been cut off and Yamaguchi's older brother was approaching them. They exchanged a few words and Kei was asked if he was alright. He simply shook his head and left to set up. A few minutes later, Yamaguchi had finally entered and as they started practice, Kei tried to focus on the song they were practicing, trying to put that voice in the back of his mind.

~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

The next time Kei heard that voice was a week later. Yamaguchi's brother had asked if they wanted to be in a band and told them to come to look at a prospective one. They already had a vocalist, pianist and guitarist, so all they needed were a drummer and a bassist. And Yamaguchi's brother had thought of them. Which is why they were now at the studio, to meet with their prospective band mates, and see if they could mix well.

Opening the door and hearing that voice again did something to him, though he didn't know what and didn't want to know. There were three other people in the other, a petite girl standing behind the keyboard and two guys with  guitars slung over their shoulders. Only one was standing before the microphone though and he stopped singing the moment the door opened and the melody was cut off.

Then barely managing turn the mic off in time, the orange haired boy yelled out a greeting, followed by greetings from the other two in the room. They said greetings in return and as they straightened out of their bow, Kei could see Yamaguchi's eyes straying towards the only female in the room.

She was cute, which Kei could admit, but too nervous. But it wasn't his place to say anything yet and so Kei said nothing, simply making a note to ask his friend about it after the meeting. Discussions furthering, it was found out all five studied in the same school and the same grade, which would turn out to be a very good thing.