Chapter 25: Closer

He smirked, "oh really?"

"Yeah.." he put a hand on his face, "really.." Richie smiled and stared at his lips,
"E-Eddie..."

"Mh?"

"I.." he stopped himself and sighed. "You what?"

"Uhh, I'm thirsty!" He got up and left the tent.

"Hey! Come back here!" He laughed and followed him.

"Oh just in time, I made dinner!" Mike was setting it up. Richie smiled, "you didn't have to do all this Mike.."

"I wanted to, and i needed to do something nice for my friends." He laughed a little, "you're always nice. And besides, we're not just friends, we're a family remember?" He smiled, "Yeah.. a family."

Eddie went up to them, "wow mike thank you for this!"

"Of course, can you wake up the others?"

"Yeah."

"No, I'll do it!!" Richie laughed and went through one of the bags.

"Uhh Rich, what are you doing??"

"You'll see." He grabbed two pots and went in one of the tents, and banged them together as loud as he could. Let's just say, he could of been murdered that night. Moving onnnn.

Much Later, they decided to have another campfire and roast some marshmallows.

"Can someone pass me the chocolate?" Eddie asked.

"Yup." Beverly broke a piece and handed it to him. Eddie perfectly made himself a s'more, and inhaled it. It was chilly that night, even if they were by the fire. Richie noticed Eddie shaking and went to grab a blanket.

"Yo guys scoot over!!" He pushed Bev and Ben aWay, and sat next to Eddie.

"Hey." Richie smiled and put the blanket around him. "Hey.." He kissed his cheek, and lay his head on his shoulder.

"You guys are so sappy it makes me physically ill."

"Shut up Stan." Eddie laughed.

"You shut up."

"I'll shut both of you up! Richie puckered his lips, making everyone laugh.

Eddie POV:
We laughed for awhile, we joked around, it  was really nice. The whole time I was be admiring them, and realizing how lucky I am to have them in my life. Im just really happy, and then something came to mind. I know I should of dropped it and left it as a joke, but I kept thinking.. about Richie. He was gonna tell me something and I just really wanted to know.
——

Everyone decided to get more wood, to keep the fire going. Only Eddie and Richie decided to stay, and just have a 'talk'.

"So what'd you wanna talk about??" Richie looked at him. He sighed, "what were you gonna tell me earlier? Back in the tent."

"Oh.. nothing."

"Are you sure? You looked pretty serious."

"I was just joking around I swear."

"I know it was somethinggg." He teased.

"I'll tell you some other time."

"Oh, well now I'm even more curious."

He laughed a little and looked at the ground, there was some silence for a bit. Richie then turned to him. "Hey Ed's."

"Uh, yeah?"