Chapter 16: Quarry

"Yes I win again!!!" Eddie laughed.

"How the fuck do you win every time?!" Richie scoffed.

"Monopoly's not our game I guess." She chuckled.

Richie took another slice of pizza in his mouth, "So Scott, how is your son so good at Monopoly?!"

He popped his head out of the kitchen, "Well he gets it from me." He laughed.

"God damn it, then he's really good." Bev laughed.

"You guys wanna play another game?" Eddie said.

"No thanks Ed's, you kick our asses every time."

"Oh cmon just one more!!" He begged.

Bev and Richie looked at each other, "Okay fine!"

"Yes!!" He laughed cheerfully.

A couple hours later of playing board games the three crashed in Eddie's room.
——

Richie turned over in his sleep, moving his hand around. He woke up and saw Eddie looking outside the window, "Ed's?" He said sleepily. He slipped on his glasses and sat up.

"Hey what time is it..?" He looked at Bev sleeping on the floor then back at Eddie.

"4:30.." He sniffled.

"Hey what's wrong..?" He moved next to him, and sat his hand on his back.

Eddie bit his lip, trying to hold in his tears. "I'm just overthinking, it happens.."

"Eddie.." He rubbed his back.

He sighed, "It's just..how could Stan do that to them. And Bill is confused b-because he doesn't k-know who he l-likes. And y-your dad just came back and attacked us l-like nothing. A-and-

"Eddie!" He wrapped his arms around him.

"Shh..it's okay..just breathe..just breathe.."

"Eddie look at me." He held his face in his hands.

"We will figure this out okay? They're gonna be okay.. My dad will never come back, I'll be sure of it."

Eddie nodded, and Richie kissed his cheek.
"You're okay.." Richie said soothingly, and looked at Eddie's injuries. He sighed, "You should get some sleep, come here.."

He smiled and wrapped him in his arms.
——

"Are you sure you're able to go the Quarry today?"

"I'm sure Bev. By the way, Ben is coming with us today."

"Okay."

"Maybe today will take your mind off them.."

She sighed, "You should go back to Richie, I'll be there in a sec."

"Cmon I'm not leavin you here."

"I'm just getting some stuff."

"Alright." He walked down the hall and back into his apartment. He walked into the bathroom, looking at his cut.

"You might wanna cover that." Richie grinned, handing him a container of cream.

"Morning to you too." He sat on the edge of the bathtub.

"How ya feelin? Head still spinning?" He knelt down in front of him, taking the cream in his hand.

"Not bad, but I can't feel my cheek."