Chapter 5: Secrets

Eddie POV: We went to the store to grab me a couple shirts, Richie kept on bugging me to get a Hawaiian one. So I did, to make him shut up. God he's fucking annoying, and cute. Super cute. Fuck. We went to the arcade for a bit but I left because Richie won every single fucking time. We went to get ice cream and we all discussed what's been happening in Derry, nothing exciting of course. They just told me that this is the second time their summer sucked, like last year with the clown. We still have a hard time talking about Pennywise. I mean how could you be comfortable talking about a blood-thirsty child eating clown. This summer I wasn't here so that sucked as well.

I'm not gonna lie I was crying for about ten minutes, when I saw them. It just felt so unreal I was really home. There's one thing Im not too excited about and that was going back to school, of course it wasn't as bad since Henry was gone. I mean I heard he was taken to an insane asylum, which is a good thing. But I was still gonna have to deal with Belch and Vic, hopefully they'll leave me alone. All of us alone.
—-
All the losers were scattered around Eddie's living room, talking.

"So Eddie.." Bev started with a smile on her face.

"Did you like anyone? When you moved."

"Nope, my mom wouldn't let me make friends anyways."

"Do you like someone now?" Bev grinned, and glanced at Richie.

"No." Eddie swallowed the lump of guilt down his throat.

"Are you sure?" She begged for a different answer.

"I'm sure. I don't like anyone."

She sighed in disappointment, and took a look at Richie. He stay quiet, fidgeting with his hands.

"You good Rich?"

He jumped and looked at her. "Yeah, I'm just gonna go for a quick skate."

"I'm gonna join y-

"No it's fine, stay here Eddie." He got up and quickly walked outside with his board. He skated down the street and stopped, to sit on the curb. He looked down at his palms and sighed.

 He looked down at his palms and sighed

"I was so stupid to think...." He curled up in a ball and held himself.
——

"What happened to him calling you Ed's?" Stan laughed.

"I just told him not to call me it."

"Wow and he listened? That's the first."

"That was weird of him.." Mike said.

"What d-do you m-mean?" Bill asked.

"Richie just out of nowhere freaking out."

Bill bit his lip, trying to think. Bev looked down, and she already knew why he had left.

"So d-do you know a-any tricks on y-your board Eddie?"

"Ollie, kick flip-

"I'm s-sorry w-what?"

"See you wouldn't know the tricks! You gotta be a skateboarder to do that." He smiled proudly.

"Oh I see you're a professional now." Bev laughed.

"That's right! You guys will never be as good as moi!"

"Can y-you teach m-me how to skate E-Eddie?

"Sure, ill give you a board if you want. My starter one, it's a bit chipped up though."

"T-that's great, as l-long as I can s-skate. How long d-does it take?"

"Depends on the person, it didn't take me long to get used to it. And I learned tricks pretty quick."

"I'll be right back guys." Bev left the room and called Richie.

H-hello? His voice sounded weak.

Richie, where are you?

Down the street

You're crying..

I'm not fucking crying.

Just get your ass back here now

Okay okay, I'm coming. He hung up.
—-

She sighed and went back to the others, "That Rich you're talking to?" Eddie asked

"Yeah. He's coming now."

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah." She lied, he wasn't even close to okay.

"You guys wanna play monopoly?" Stan asked.

"Sure I'll get it!" Eddie jumped up.

Richie walked in the door and immediately went into Eddies room. Dropping his board onto the floor.

"R-Richie?" Bill said confused.

He grabbed a oversized hoodie in his bag and slid it on, making sure he could hide his hands. He didn't even realize Eddie was in the room getting a game.

"Rich?"

He stay turned away from him, "Oh, hey."

"You okay?"

"Y-yeah."

"Hey Richie?"

"Yeah?" He turned to face him. "You can call me Ed's..."

"Oh I knew it!! You love it-

"I didn't say that!"

Richie smiled, "Cmon...lets go play the game."

They walked back into the living room.

"How was skating alone?" Eddie teased, setting up the game.

"Good. So we're playing monopoly?"

"Yup!"

"Richie you're phones going off like crazy." Stan said.

"I know," he turn his phone on silent.

"You should call or you'll get ur ass beat." He teased.

"No. He's fucking annoying."

"Okay, but it's your funeral."

They eventually settled to watching a movie, Richie taking up most of the couch. He body spread out, as he ate popcorn.

"Cmon Rich move over."

"No can do." He laughed.

Eddie rolled his eyes, and picked up his legs. He sat down and placed them back on him.

"Hey give me some of that!" Richie said with his mouth full of food.

"Ew forget it, these are my chips. You get popcorn."

"Oh I don't think so!" He reached his hand over trying to grab the bag.

The losers laughed looking at the two.

"Like seriously how are they not dating." Stan told Bev.

"We don't know if they like each other.." She lied.

"It's obvious they do."