Chapter 1: Home

Present day:

Eddie felt a warm breeze blow against his face, as he stuck his head out the window of the car. Something he thought he would never do, because he didn't wanna get decapitated by a pole.

He inhaled the familiar scent of Derry, making him smile. It wasn't the best of places but it was home to him because all the people he loved lived there. He looked at his surroundings, memories flooding in his mind. The drug store, theatre, Arcade, Beverly's apartment. Beverly's apartment.

His dad was driving, looking over at him every so often. Just making sure he was okay.

"You alright bud?" His eyes fixated on the young boy, who was on the verge of tears.
"Yeah. More than alright. I haven't seen my friends in so long, you think they moved on??"
Shaking his head, his father laughed; "The way you talk about them seems like they would never move on." Eddie smiled at his response, thinking for a moment, then looking to his right. "Thank you, dad. For everything."

"You don't have to thank me kid, I'm just glad you're safe." They pulled up to the familiar apartment building, making the young boy gasp a little because he never told his dad about this place. "Wait a minute- are we-"
"Staying here? Mhm." His face lit up and he practically jumped out of the car. "Beverly lives here! Can I-"

"Yes! Go!" A laugh erupted from his throat, and he drove away to park the car.

Eddie POV:
Was Bev still living here? Is she home? Or did she move?? Holy shit this is really happening, okay relax Eddie.
——————————-

A moment flew by and already, he was standing at her door. It was really happening. He hesitated for a moment, then knocked. A moment passed, and he knocked again. Biting his lip, he went to knock again; that's when he heard someone. Right on the other side of the door, he heard a loud squeal from inside. His face lit up, already knowing it was her, from her adorable chuckle. Bev threw the door open with the brightest smile on her face, tears already forming in her eyes.

"Holy shit!! Eddie?!!"

"Beverly fuckin Marsh!! Where've ya been?!!"

She laughed and they jumped into each other's arms, holding each other tight as possible.

"Oh- Eddie I- you're home!!!" She cried. "You're so tiny.." she received a smack on the arm for that, making them both giggle. "I'm home marsh."

——————————————————
A couple hours later, Eddie's apartment room

"So you're staying here with your aunt now? How's that been?"

"Oh way better, I didn't want to convince her to move to such a shithole town but she said she wanted to. So I could stay and be with the others, I wanna get out of here when I'm older though." She placed down another box on Eddie's bed. "Where would you go??" He watched her, making her tilt her head to the side, as he thought. "Hmmm.. Canada." Eddie laughed a little at that and sat down.

"I missed you so much yknow.. It's been lonely without you." She sat next to him, leaning on his shoulder. "Me too Bev.." kissing her head, he put an arm around her. They were always close, so this was normal to them. Eddie remembered the one night he got to go over to her place while her dad wasn't home. And they stayed up all night talking, and doing each other's nails. Then when Eddie got back home his mother made him wash the polish off and yelled at him for almost an hour.

"So your psycho mothers gone for good huh?" She heaved out a snort; "Yeah, god praise the lord for that."

"Amen." She laughed, her thoughts stuck on one question she wanted to ask him. "Have you seen Richie yet? He really misses you." I really miss him too, "I haven't.. how's he been?"

"Honestly, he seems alright.. but he's more distant now." She sighed, like she wanted to say more but didn't say it.

"Oh." Is what all he could say

"When are you gonna see him??" She looked up at him, noticing the way he looked a little different; and more mature. Happier.

"Tomorrow, definitely." He sat up, "Now lets get the rest unpacked." He opened a box and pulled out a skateboard, "Wanna skateboard later??" "I would.. but I don't have one. But, Richie does." A smirk forming from her lips, knowing how much richie wanted someone to skate with. "I'll help you unpack the rest."
—————————————————-

Yelling could be heard throughout the quiet street of falling brook. An upset and delusional father yelling at his son.

"An 82%?! That's all you can fucking do??! You're fucking useless."

An 82 isn't even bad, it's a good mark. That's what Richie wanted to say. But he didn't. "Im!sorry dad, I'll try harder.."

"You better!" He slammed the sheet of paper on the table, making Richie jump. Storming upstairs a moment afterwards.

Richie sighed, and took the piece of paper in his hands. Crumbling it up and throwing it in the trash; then going up to his room and laying down on his bed.

I really wish you were here Eddie

Hearing his dad yelling again, on the phone this time. Made him sigh as he put his headphones on, and blasted music