Chapter 13: First Date

Richie slipped on one of the Hawaiian shirts Eddie bought him. He looked at himself in the bathroom mirror, and fluffed his hair to the side.

"Ugh no.." He sighed, patting it down.

"Ew, the fuck." He fluffed it back up again, and put some strands of hair in his face. He grinned, "I guess this'll do."

He looked down at his phone, looking at all the missed calls and texts from his parents. He sighed and blocked both of their numbers. He slipped on a chain, that he recently bought. But he never wore it until now, he tried impressing Eddie but he rarely had anything. He brushed his teeth, and put some cream on his face. Which he rarely takes care of his skin, but wonders why it's clear. He looked at his knuckles, and this time. For the first time, he didn't wanna hurt himself. He didn't wanna hide, he just wanted to be happy. Now that Eddie feels the same, he can be happy. He packed up a bag, putting in some swim trunks and an extra pair of shorts.

"Ohhh someones all fancied up." Stan smirked, as Richie came in the living room.

"What's the occasion?" Mike smiled.

"N-nothin. I don't know what you're talking about."

Bev laughed, "just going out with Eddie?"

He smirked, "Just goin to the quarry that's all."

"Ooo can we come??!"

"Absolutely not."

Bev gave him a look.

"Relax its just two friends going to the quarry."

She mumbled, "friends, sure."

She laughed, and her eyes widened. Richie was confused looked what she was so surprised about. He turned around, and lost his breath for a second.

Eddie walked in, wearing a black polo t-shirt and a jean jacket. He had on ripped jeans that fit him perfectly, and a small chain that dangled around his neck. The sunlight through the blinds, made his face shine. His golden tinted skin, and freckles stood out. His cheeks a bright pink, and hair fluffier than normal. Richie turned bright red, he'd never seen him dress up. How could someone dress so sweet and badass at the same time. He thought.

"Damn Eddie you look hot." Bev laughed.

"Bev I'm r-right here!!" Bill laughed.

"Relax billiam, I'm gay remember?"

"He ain't even that dressed up." Stan laughed.

"Stan cmon, he looks good."

He smiled and looked at Richie, a flushed mess.

Richie looked him up and down, making Eddie blush as he took a look at him too.

"Ready?"

Richie nodded, still star struck. "Alright well you guys can hang here if you want or you know, whatever you want."

"Wait bud!" His father called.

"Yeah?" He walked up to him.

"You look all dressed up," he pat his face. "It's nice."