Chapter 2: We meet again

"So Eddie, are you excited for today?"

"Yes obviously! I can't wait to see them!"

"Aww you just wanna see Rich."

"What no-

"I can't wait to see your face when you're a flushed mess."

"Shut up."

——————————-
Couple hours later

"You ready?"

"Yeah, yeah."

Bev texted all the losers and to meet her at the quarry. "Ahh I'm so excited!!" Eddie pulled his knees up to his chest, hugging himself.

She rested her head on his shoulder, "I know I keep saying this but it's never been the same without you. You know I gotta be honest we all miss how happy you always were, and how happy you made us. I'm glad you're home."

He smiled, "Me too bev. Now go on, go meet them, I'll be there soon."

"Oh I see, cause you gotta impress us huh?"

"Yup, now go." He showed her the door.

"I don't know what the big deal is if you're just gonna wear something simple!!" She laughed and walked out. He picked out a t-shirt, then slid a leather jacket overtop. Putting on some jeans and vans shoes. He brushed his hair with his hand, making it fluffy. Then grabbed his skateboard and walked out the door.

He skated down a couple streets, getting familiar with the road. Attempting to try a few tricks, before his board slid out from under him, causing him to fall onto his back.

"Fuck."

He heard continuous yelling from around the corner and popped his head up. He thought it was nothing at first but it started to get louder. He brushed the brown streaks of hair from his face, and picked up his board. He slowly walked to the corner and and his eyes widened. A couple older kids were beating up someone, kicking at his stomach.

Eddie's POV:
A kid was getting beat up, and it's normal for that to happen here, but I knew I couldn't just stand there and watch. Like so many would; I saw the boy was now coughing blood and I had to do something. So I grabbed the only thing in hand; My skateboard. I took a deep breath, ready for what was about to come and ran towards them.

"Hey fuckface!" I yelled at one of them. They quickly turned to me and I slammed the board across his face. He fell to the ground and the other guys just looked at me speechless.

"Who's next?!" I said, trying to be brave.

The other guy attempted to punch me, but I quickly dodged it. Kicking him in the shin and slamming the board across the back of his head.

"Anyone else?!!"

They all scurried off and I just laughed, even I was surprised by my own actions. I helped the boy up and that's when I realized it was Richie Tozier.
—————
Richie was speechless, Eddie was standing right in front of him. He didn't even realize he was crying. Eddies smile widened in realization "E-Ed's.." His eyes grew wide and he jumped into his arms.

"Don't call me that." He laughed, tearing up. They both toppled over, as Richie practically jumped on top of him. They laughed and held eachother tight.

"Y-you're home!!"

Eddie POV:
This is the first time I've seen Richie cry, and it just made me feel so happy to see him again. I felt like I've been stuck, alone in a cave with my mother. And once I saw his face, I was suddenly set free.

"I fucking missed you so much." He said, crying into my shoulder.

"I can see that." I laughed. I couldn't hold back the tears, after a year without seeing my best friend, I thought all was lost. But now I was back, and I couldn't be happier.
——————
"H-how are you- h-h-

"Shut up, you sound like Bill." He pat his shoulder.

"I- I can't believe you're here, oh my god. I- I don't have words."

"I can't believe you're showing me your soft side in person." He smiled and helped him up. "I can't wait to tell the losers you cried." He laughed.

"You better not Ed's." He wiped the tears from his face.

"You saved my ass there, holy shit."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm more than okay now." He embraced him into a hug once more. There was a small moment of silence as they took a look at each other. Richie getting lost in awe.

"You..you have a lot more freckles on your face."

"You noticed.." Eddie blushed.

"And your hair, it's so fluffy." He giggled touching it.

Richie cleared his throat, "How are you home? When did you even get here?!"

"Last night, I found out I'm living at Bevs apartment."

"Lucky her." He laughed. "So you skate huh?Pretty cool I gotta say Ed's." He nervously adjusted his glasses. He wrapped an arm around him, "I missed ya. More than you'd think." They started walking:

"What's that supposed to mean?" He laughed.

"Uh, Nothing. Come on, the losers are waiting."

He laughed, "Well I missed you too asshole. I really did."

"I love the new style by the way." He chuckled.

Eddie blushed, "thanks."

Richie POV:
As we skated to the quarry I couldn't help but keep my eyes on him, I hadn't realized how much I missed his gorgeous face. How much I missed his company. He has way more freckles and its just the cutest thing. And his laugh, oh god, I could listen to it all day. His voice is music to my ears. I can't believe he's right here, right now. I thought I'd never see him again, and I gotta say he scared me pretty good. I may of pissed myself a bit, but I couldn't tell him that.

Eddie POV:
I noticed Richie kept on standing close to me, but I wasn't complaining. He was a very touchy person, besides I haven't seen him in a year. God when I saw him I couldn't stop laughing at his face. I knew I got him good, but he wouldn't admit it. He was taller since I last saw him, obviously. And his hair was a little longer, but those dorky glasses still made him funny lookin. But I loved it, and I love his Hawaiian shirts he still wears.
——

"Holy shit, There they are.." Eddie started tearing up.

"Come on." He took his hand and pulled him to the group.

"Guys..." Eddie said.

Everyone quickly turned around, instantly recognizing the voice. Richie joined them just so he could come rushing and hugging Eddie again. They all had shocked expressions on their faces as they all dashed towards him.