Barakamon

Barakamon is a story about acceptance. Acceptance of your mistakes, acceptance of yourself, acceptance that people who are different from you are amazing in their own way. Barakamon is about a renowned, young caligrapher Handa Seishu who punches an elderly man simply because he calls Handa's art "Too unoriginal, like a textbook". As much as I understand the emotion this statement must have instilled in Handa, we can all agree, punching an elderly man is taking it a little too far. Due to this behaviour, Handa's father sends him off to Goto island as a 'punishment'. This is where the journey begins
Handa is petrified from the minute he lands in Goto, but is soon befriend by Naru and things begin to change. We see Handa, the grown man being dragged around By Naru and participating in their antics. This whole experience helps Handa get out of his head and live.

Handa has been shown as a very hardworking character who used to spends hours and hours locked up in a room. He gave it his all, literally. From what we see in the show, he had no friends except his manager, no other activities he took part in. He just did caligraphy all the time.
Now I don't know what effect that would have on the creativity of a person but I can only imagine it would be detrimental. But if you're so passionate about something, put in all your efforts into it and don't really do much else it will become your life. When that happens, even the slightest criticism could really hurt. Because it's not just your art someone's criticising, but the purpose and fruit of your life. So, while we all should work hard and give out best at everything it's also important to get out of that and do things that provide a fun and random kind of happiness and not just an accomplishment kind of happiness.