Kid X Reader [Pain]

[Y/N]'s POV

Everything happened so fast, at first it was nothing but smooth sailing and good weather and the next thing I remember was nothing but the sound of canon fire, metal clashing, blood and screams. Everything went so fast when I only remember passing out on the ship, the next thing I knew I woke up in the ships infirmary covered in bandages. The pain hit me went i sat straight up making me huddle forwards a bit holding my left side, my vision slowly came but making me see the bandages covered my stomach, chest, right leg and hands....my headache wasn't much better either as i held it tightly in my hands until the door opened. "Seems you finally woke up" the voice of Killer came out loud and clear when the door opened, he too was covered in bandages but not as bad as I was. "what happened?" I asked as Killer walked closer to my side helping me lay back down into the bed. "You passed out, some of our men weren't so lucky like the others, Heat and Wire got by with some bruises and cuts" as Killer was explaining what happened that night everything seemed to come back to me in one big rush until the horrified memory of Kid came to me before I passed out, having my face instantly become worried beyond anything around me right now. "Where is he!? Where is Kid?!" I almost yelled at Killer when I sat back up again ignoring the pain from my injuries as best as I could. "He's in his cabin, healing up an-" "I want to see him" I cut Killer off before he could finished, I had to see for my own eyes if Kid was alright nothing else mattered right now. "[Y/N], you need to rest and not for just you but.....for the life your lucky your still carrying" Killer said to me as he placed a hand on my shoulder sounding as calm as he could be, I knew he was right. I looked down at the small baby bump I had, again another painful truth hit me I could've lost mine and Kid's child during that fight as I tried to protect myself from the other pirates we attacked. Tears built quickly in my [E/C] eyes as I placed my shaking hands against the bump letting the hot tears fall from my eyes, Killer comfort me by wrapping his arms around me letting me cry away. Until I fell asleep again from all the crying I did letting Killer leave the room to let me sleep.

Kid's POV

I laid there in my bed staring out of the window at the clear skies today, the memory of finding [Y/N] passed out in our cabin and covered in blood flashed through my mind still. I didn't leave her side the whole time she was being treated I wouldn't have cared if I died then and there from the blood I was losing myself, I cared only for her safety and our child's safety. The thought of losing both of them was still in my mind but less today that I knew they would both live, I wanted to go see her but i didn't want her to see me like this a broken man, foolish and weak...so weak I couldn't protect the woman and the unborn child she carried that I loved so much, I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear the door open until a gasp came out of nowhere making me turn my head to see who it was. "[Y/N]...."

{Y/N]' POV

Not long after I woke up I asked Heat to help me to Kid's and my cabin so I could see him, he wasn't sure for a while but agreed to take me there. Once Heat knew I would okay he left to do some duty's above deck leaving me at the door, I stood at the door frozen for a moment half wanting to see him alive and well and  afraid if my memories were right about what I remembered before passing out in the very room I was about to enter, with a deep breath I slowly opened the door. My [E/C], widened in shock as I let out a gasp of surprise. "{Y/N]...." Kid said my name in a soft whisper when he saw me in the doorway, I closed the door behind me not wasting any time to rush by his side to wrap my arms around him hiding my face in his bandaged chest, I tried holding back tears as Kid held me tightly in his right arm. My memory was sadly right before I passed out I could faintly see Kid entering the captain cabin covered in his own blood along with other's. His goggles split from the deep cuts on his left face covering his left eye, how the injuries went down his chest....how two deep cuts accompanied his right arm and his left arm, his left arm gone cut clean off. All those memories came back to me once again as I held him tighter in my arms thanking to whatever god was out there that kept him alive to stay by my side still.

"Thank god your alive" I finally spoke after a few minutes of silence that filled the room with just us, Kid's grip tighten slightly as his lips kissed my forehead lingering there like he was going to lose me again if he let go. I finally looked up to meet his amber eye that wasn't covered by the bandages all over his body, cupping his face in my hands as silent tears softly fell from my eyes. "I didn't want you to....to see me like this" Kid said to me trying to act calm but in all truth I could tell he was broken. "As long as your alive, that is the only thing that matter's to me" I spoke softly to him running my right thumb softly against his cheek. Kid held my right hand in his giving it a kiss as he looked at me again. "How do you feel?" He asked as he stared into my [E/C] eyes still holding my hand. "Doctor says I'm fine now, we both are" I answered him as I looked down to the small bump, Kid followed my gaze as I took his right hand and placed it against the baby. He may be known as the heartless and ruthless captain of the Kid pirates being nothing but blood thirsty and showed no mercy but I knew that wasn't true the true Kid I have always known was the man right in front of me who cared a lot to those he called friend or family, even if he didn't know how to show it right. "Can you forgive me? I didn't keep my promise to the both of you to be there when you needed me the most....I was weak and foolish to ever thi-" his words were cut short by my lips that I pressed against his burgundy lips, he didn't waste time in returning the kiss softly yet desperately to remind himself that I was alive and here. "There's nothing to forgive, we both didn't see this coming no matter what happens now I will be by your side like I vowed on that day I became your wife and I am proud to say it just like how our child will be proud to have a father like you" I said to him once our kiss came to an end, I poured all my feelings into the kiss and my words to show him he did nothing wrong that he was still a brave captain and a good husband and soon to be father. "I love you both so much" Kid said to me as he wrapped his right arm around me to pull me close to him as we laid down on our bed. "And we love you till the end of time" I said back to him as I laid my head against his chest listening to his heart beat, we both learned something after that battle. That the pain of losing wasn't the hardest thing it was the knowing that we could have lost each other during any moment, I could have lost Kid forever or Kid could have lost me and our child forever. That was the true pain for us that we felt as we held each other close as we drifted off to sleep.